Should I get a Phantom 630 or a Corsair C70

Mr_Pixle

I want a extremely quiet PC and I'm not sure if I should use 120mm or 200mm or 140mm fans. Also I should add I am making a custom window for the C70 so there is no fan holes

I want a extremely quiet PC and I'm not sure if I should use 120mm or 200mm or 140mm fans. Also I should add I am making a custom window for the C70 so there is no fan holes

The larger the fan the quieter it tends to be and if you are really picky about getting a silent computer you should get one like the fractal design r4  w/ window.

If you want to show off your build, go with a Phantom 630. If you want a solidly built case, go with a C70. Personally like the C70 because their intakes in the front arn't partially blocked which will restrict airflow.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The larger the fan the quieter it tends to be and if you are really picky about getting a silent computer you should get one like the fractal design r4  w/ window.

The R4 windowed is $80 in Canada: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/black-fractal-design-define-r4-window-79-99-me-1355195/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I don't really like the aesthetics of the R4 and I have seen it in person and I just don't like it. So the Phantom 630 will be quieter? What if I filled the C70 with NF-F12s

I don't really like the aesthetics of the R4 and I have seen it in person and I just don't like it. So the Phantom 630 will be quieter? What if I filled the C70 with NF-F12s

It would be up to you, but with the C70 filled with NF-F12s your close in price if not over the phantom 630. Also the noctua NF-S12A is there case fan the NF-F12s are not really meant for being used as a case fan.

It would be up to you, but with the C70 filled with NF-F12s your close in price if not over the phantom 630. Also the noctua NF-S12A is there case fan the NF-F12s are not really meant for being used as a case fan.

Is the phantom quiet with its stock fans? How much dBA

Phantom. Jesus it looks puurty.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Phantom. Jesus it looks puurty.

What one are you looking at?

The phantom 630 would be my choice. The bitfenix spectre pro is a good fan people say its a little on the loud side, but pushes good air.

The phantom 630 would be my choice. The bitfenix spectre pro is a good fan people say its a little on the loud side, but pushes good air.

What color should I get? 

What one are you looking at?

the 630...........

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

White/Gunmetal/Black?

White 

Get a 630 and throw notctuas on it

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Get a 630 and throw notctuas on it

What about the 200mm side fan?

What about the 200mm side fan?

Bitfenix Specter pro

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Bitfenix Specter pro

Ide prefer a fan around 20dBA

Actually nzxt is weird with there 200mm mounting so it's actually 198mm so you have to get a nzxt fan for the 200mm fans.