900D? 900 problems

CustomComputerBuilds

I have the Corsair Obsidian 900D and I'm currently using a air cooled/water cooled (cpu) build until I upgrade to a fully custom liquid cooled loop. I'm having an issue figuring out how to supply power to all of my fans because I'm not sure if my Motherboard (Msi X99S Gaming 9 Ack EATX Edition) has enough Fan Headers and I'd prefer not plugging them into my PSU because I want to be able to control the temperatures and RPM's through the Corsair Link Software. I'm using Corsair Air Series AF & SP Edition fans and I'm also unsure of they are PWM compatible/4 pin connectors. I'm also using 14 fans in total that I need to power. I'd also prefer not using any 3.25/5.25 bay Fan Controllers.

How would I integrate my fans with Corsair Link and supply power to them all through one source?

Could I power all of my fans through Corsair Commander Mini, and what are exactly all of the features that this device can perform?

How many Fan Headers does my Mobo have and could I use Msi software (If they have it) to control my fans?

If you have any other suggestions on how to supply sufficient power to all of my fans and be able to utilize Corsair Link Software with all of them I'm all ears. Thank you!

You could always use a fan splitter or several

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

It appears as if that mobo has 2 cpu fan headers and 3 sys fan 4 pin headers.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

How many fans could I plug in per Fan Header?

I've always heard people say no more than two fans per header.

You could get a fan control hub off of FrozenCPU that allows for fan speed control.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've always heard people say no more than two fans per header.

You could get a fan control hub off of FrozenCPU that allows for fan speed control.

Not if it's closed

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not if it's closed

It's not. That's a rumor, or so I've been told.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's not. That's a rumor, or so I've been told.

Yeah, but I think they are short staffed

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."