How do i remove static from my condensor microphone?

Diederik_Gr

Well, recently i decided i wanted to give condensor microphones a shot and aimed to do so on a not so wide budget. So i used eBay for most part, found a cheap microphone (BM800 to be exact) and people seemed quite positive about it. The actual sound quality is actually really good, but i have an awful lot of static. I tried to determine if it was my PC, but moving it further away seemed to have zero effect. Messed around with the settings in Windows to almost every possible option, and that didn't help either.

Second thing i did was trying a cheap USB sound card, it only seemed to have a slight improvement. Also got a phantom power supply unit which i thought would fix the issue completely, but didn't do so either. I doubt if it even helped with the static noise at all.

So now i decided to turn to this forum and see if i could get a good answer here, is the microphone just flat out terrible? Or is there something that can cause the static? The way i have it hooked up is XLR connection between microphone and power supply unit, and an XLR to 3.5mm microphone input on a (cheap) USB soundcard.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

idk about that particular mic, but are you able to lower the gain?

Either you're master race or you're not.

idk about that particular mic, but are you able to lower the gain?

You mean like fine-tune the signal? No. It's a simple power supply unit with an on/off switch, not a mixer board.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

You mean like fine-tune the signal? No. It's a simple power supply unit with an on/off switch, not a mixer board.

do you have it plugged into your computer through the 3.5mm jack? if usb then the sound card thing might be the issue, if it's the analog port then your onboard sound might be the issue.

Either you're master race or you're not.

do you have it plugged into your computer through the 3.5mm jack? if usb then the sound card thing might be the issue, if it's the analog port then your onboard sound might be the issue.

It's currently plugged in the USB soundcard, but the 3.5mm jack isn't any better. It could be that they are both really bad though.