New Keyboard Form-Factor!

BurgerBum

i designed this myself! 

I've been absolutely fed up with keyboards always being too wide, and cumbersome, seeing the number pad and control section on the right taking up too much space, when I'm not using them, AT ALL. (considering how rare i do anyway) 

Then i looked at my desk in front of me, holy crap! I have at least six inches between the front of my keyboard and my monitor stand, (and this desk isn't even that deep :o )

so, i went on google images, found a image of a keyboard and went to work. (in ms paint. LOL ) 

Thanks for the feedback! :D 

post-122995-0-01871200-1423617173.gif

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Not bad, looks kinda clunky to me though.

My mechanical TKL is small enough as it is, I will never need a 60% ever

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Sounds like a cool idea

Thankyou! :D 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

for us that use the arrow keys this is horrible

how so? 

they're on there! and its not really for people who use them alot, ^~^ its more just for people like me who use them, but not a whole lot!

-Jim Hensen

Other than the arrow keys being in a completely useless spot, it seems okay.

I wouldn't want one though, it's too damn long for where I would want to use a 60%. I get that you have your needs though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

how so? 

they're on there! and its not really for people who use them alot, ^~^ its more just for people like me who use them, but not a whole lot!

your arm will cover and hit all the other buttons

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Other than the arrow keys being in a completely useless spot, it seems okay.

I wouldn't want one though, it's too damn long for where I would want to use a 60%. I get that you have your needs though.

would the arow keys be better placed if they were further to the right? more centred between the control section and the volume wheel?

-Jim Hensen

your arm will cover and hit all the other buttons

.___.

-___- 

then dont rest your arm ontop of keys... just press the button...... x'D lel.

-Jim Hensen

I feel bad about voting "no" to the first question, but I don't entirely agree with "yes"..

I think that the current design that you posted winds up being way to tall to be usable. The user would be forced to reach their hands over way to many keys to reach the top section. This is kinda acceptable for the INS/DEL group, but completely unusable for the arrow keys..

Edit: Ehhhh, thinking about it more, it would probably just be easier to ditch arrow keys and the extra function keys entirely, and put them as a FN+F# key combo. (Also: doesn't this exist already?)

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

.___.

-___- 

then dont rest your arm ontop of keys... just press the button...... x'D lel.

who arcs their arm when gaming?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

would the arow keys be better placed if they were further to the right? more centred between the control section and the volume wheel?

Honestly, they would be better off like most 60% keyboards are set up, as secondary function keys for primary keys set up in the main body of keys.

That's a lot of keys O_o

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

idk, it I were to get something like that I'd probably just get the Ducky mini instead. 

you see, i thaught about that, but i still use those keys from time to time and im sure alot of people do still! 

the ducky mini brings in one problem, it lacks those keys, so they had to make almost half of the keys multi-purpose. and that brings in the need for either the greates memory in the world or a cheat sheat of what keys do what.

-Jim Hensen

I like the idea but it'd be better without the arrow keys and a clean line with all the insert/home/delete/etc keys or a function key so you could have all of them and the f keys on 1 row

I feel bad about voting "no" to the first question, but I don't entirely agree with "yes"..

I think that the current design that you posted winds up being way to tall to be usable. The user would be forced to reach their hands over way to many keys to reach the top section. This is kinda acceptable for the INS/DEL group, but completely unusable for the arrow keys..

Edit: Ehhhh, thinking about it more, it would probably just be easier to ditch arrow keys and the extra function keys entirely, and put them as a FN+F# key combo. (Also: doesn't this exist already?)

ducky mini, logitech k810 and k811 but then you need to know all those function key combinations and whatnot. 

who arcs their arm when gaming?

no one... its not like you need to hold your hand a foot above the keyboad, 

but i will ask you,

who purposely pushed thier wrist down while gaming, instead of a gently rested-pressure... 

-Jim Hensen

so its a poker keyboard, but with the keys I don't use.... at the top...

to fix arrow key problem make it so there is a function key that turns ijkl to arrows

my num pad can do this ♫ ‼ ♀ and so on

I would like a poker with full f1-f12

ducky mini, logitech k810 and k811 but then you need to know all those function key combinations and whatnot. 

no one... its not like you need to hold your hand a foot above the keyboad, 

but i will ask you,

who purposely pushed thier wrist down while gaming, instead of a gently rested-pre

taht gently pressure is more than enough to push down on a button

I like the idea but it'd be better without the arrow keys and a clean line with all the insert/home/delete/etc keys or a function key so you could have all of them and the f keys on 1 row

thankyou! :D

i'll make a v2 or something, removing the arrow keys form where they are to a more ergonomic spot! :o

-Jim Hensen

taht gently pressure is more than enough to push down on a button

really? x'D because i can rest my entire arm on my keyboad and not a single keysttroke be registered.

its not for you, and the arrow keys can be moved elsewhere, i got it. ;) 

-Jim Hensen

thankyou! :D

i'll make a v2 or something, removing the arrow keys form where they are to a more ergonomic spot! :o

Or the Arrow keys and del pg up pg down etc keys could be on a separate piece that you attach via usb onto the side of the keyboard