Choosing a PSU for Node 304

G.I.R 4

Hey guys,

I really need some help choosing a PSU for my node 304, the catch is... It needs to power a GTX 690.

Ohh, and unfortunatly Silverstone PSUs are not sold in my country.

Any suggestions?

What website are you ordering from / what country are you from? What else will it be powering?

I would recommend a Corsair AX 750 if its available, it is completely modular and has enough power for the 690.

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Any of the following should work, though given the 160mm depth limit of the case most units would only barely fit:

Corsair CX750M

Seasonic M12II 750w

FSP Aurum 750 (only few cables are modular, so may not be ideal)

NZXT Hale90 750w

Seasonic KM2 X-760, Corsair AX750, XFX P1-750B-BEFX (all internally identical)

Seasonic KM3 X-750, Corsair AX760 (internally identical)

Couldn't seem to find anything else that was both modular and under 160mm, but those should work well.

What website are you ordering from / what country are you from? What else will it be powering?

The PSU will power : Asus P8Z77-I MoBo

I5 3570

8 or 16 gigs of Ram

H60/H80 cooler

1 2.5 Hdd (WD Black)

1 SSD

GTX 690

Will 760W be enough to power all that?

These are the Corsair PSUs that are available for me and these are the ones from Seasonic

ive read some reviews and it looks like you will be fine with any psu that is 140mm or under.

i have an M12II 750Watt and its pretty compact for what it does, also the modular cables are perfect for a small case as they're kind of short, and the only modular cable youd need to plug in would be for your hard drives as the CPU power the 24pin and 2 6+2 pins are just attached normally.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

ive read some reviews and it looks like you will be fine with any psu that is 140mm or under.

That's exactly my problem, finding a modular PSU that can drive the 690 AND fit in the 304

i have an M12II 750Watt and its pretty compact for what it does' date=' also the modular cables are perfect for a small case as they're kind of short, and the only modular cable youd need to plug in would be for your hard drives as the CPU power the 24pin and 2 6+2 pins are just attached normally.[/quote']

But as far as I know the 24 pins in the M12II isn't modular, wouldn't that be a problem (you know, in case clutter\cable management)?

The M12II would be fine even though it the 24 pin is not modular because you will need to use the cable and it doesn't matter if it's modular or not and it should not cause any cable management issues.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I've read your review....

Why did you choose this particular FSP PSU and not a Corsair or a Seasonic one?