Should I get this CPU and Motherboard?

So my current CPU is a AMD Quad Core A6_3670K, and my motherboard is a AAHD3-HB. My computer is mostly gaming and I also use it for editing and other normal things someone would with their computer. I dont wan to spend too much, so I think this is good, even though it is a little bit over my budget. I will also take recommendations. The motherboard I want is a 

ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-P8Z77-V-1155-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B007G51UWY

and the CPU is a 

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155

http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B007SZ0EOW

Thank You!

I would recommend the 3570K seeing as the only draw back is Hyperthreading and most games currently don't utilize that, it would save you a $100 as well.  I have a 3570K and it's great.  You don't need a 3770K for gaming really, most of the work comes from the GPU.

Which GPU do you have? You don't want to bottle-neck anything.

Tohrchur

I would recommend the 3570K seeing as the only draw back is Hyperthreading and most games currently don't utilize that, it would save you a $100 as well.  I have a 3570K and it's great.  You don't need a 3770K for gaming really, most of the work comes from the GPU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 

HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 

HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402

With that card the 3770K would be a bit much in my opinion. The 3570K and 3770K perform similarly at a $100 difference, with that difference you could invest in a better GPU :) 

Like I said, the GPU does most of the work for gaming. 

Tohrchur

Also, I want to record myself gaming, would the 3570K be good enough to record with?

Also, I want to record myself gaming, would the 3570K be good enough to record with?

I can record BF3 ultra settings with Fraps at 50-60 frames, with a 2 year old card. So I would say yes it will do the job! :)

Tohrchur

I can record BF3 ultra settings with Fraps at 50-60 frames, with a 2 year old card. So I would say yes it will do the job! :)

Thanks, I am definitely getting it! :)

I just watched Linus' video about the 3570K vs the FX 8350. It seems like they are NOT very different. The 8350 does suffer by 20 fps in some games, but they are mostly still high fps, so it doesn't matter very much. The main reason I bring this up is because the 8350 is cheaper, but not by much. Which one would you recommend? 

I just watched Linus' video about the 3570K vs the FX 8350. It seems like they are NOT very different. The 8350 does suffer by 20 fps in some games, but they are mostly still high fps, so it doesn't matter very much. The main reason I bring this up is because the 8350 is cheaper, but not by much. Which one would you recommend? 

If you're on a budget and do a lot of recording and editing then I'd say go for the 8350 :p the cores will help you out in the future.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I would still recommend Intel, I have had a 6 core AMD and currently the 3570K and I must say the 3570K beats the crap out of AMD.  Honestly though, for gaming the CPU isnt a big deal, it affects the fps a little but not drastically like the GPU would. So the choice is yours

Tohrchur

It depends. What's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My budget for both the motherboard and CPUs combined cost is about $400. The thing about the 8350K is that it does suffer more in FPS in almost all the games. I am most likely going to get the 3570K. Thanks for all the help guys. :)

My budget for both the motherboard and CPUs combined cost is about $400. The thing about the 8350K is that it does suffer more in FPS in almost all the games. I am most likely going to get the 3570K. Thanks for all the help guys. :)

If you want the 3570k I would just get a asus z77 LK motherboard its like $125.

If you want the 3570k I would just get a asus z77 LK motherboard its like $125.

Ok, thanks. I will get that instead.