Calculating airflow for a Corsair 800D

toriam78

I am currently looking at air flow in my Corsair 800D.

post-182705-0-03613300-1423397047.png

NF-S12A PWM for the top exhaust fans

NF-F12 PWM for the front intake fan

NF-A14 PWM for the 140mm fans

To create a slight positive pressure inside the case I plan to use the on board fan controller on the Asus x99 Deluxe motherboard.

First question is:

Is there a rpm chart (1500 rpm to 300 rpm) where I can can see what the airflow is at what RPM other than max and L.N.A. which I can see on the Noctua webpage? That way I can set the fan curves for the intake and exhaust fans based on the NH-D15 fans.

Second  question is:

Would it be a better idea for me to change the top fans to NF-F12, for one to make it easier to calculate the RPM they need to be to get the correct ratio?

Dont calculate base on RPM. The best way is to check whether it is having positive airflow by using like a piece of tissue paper (tear a small piece off) and placing it beside the pci lane outside of your case to check.

My suggestion is to use speedfan and set all but 1 exhaust to 0rpm while your gpu is still cool and ramp it up when it is hot (aka when gaming) 

That is what i do to my comp atleast :D

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Dont calculate base on RPM. The best way is to check whether it is having positive airflow by using like a piece of tissue paper (tear a small piece off) and placing it beside the pci lane outside of your case to check.

My suggestion is to use speedfan and set all but 1 exhaust to 0rpm while your gpu is still cool and ramp it up when it is hot (aka when gaming) 

That is what i do to my comp atleast :D

a simple and elegant solution! I feel like a noob now :D But i assume i need to be a little more advanced when i want the motherboard fan controller to set the speed based on the cpu temps? Meaning, while at desktop all fans run at lowest speed and still create positive pressure and while in games, ramp up without me having to do anything? :)