Computer?

Qtip1318

Hi my friend is building a car and he wants to put a computer in it. what we want to do is make the computer start his car with a program i just wanted to know if there is something out there that could do something like that

the only thing i can think of is a remote starter LOL newbz 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

you could probably wire the ignition to some kind of custom-made adapter, but I don't see the point in this. The only reason to have a computer in your car is for infotainment and navigation, for which a tablet integrated into the dash is probably your best option. 

Probably a raspberry pi hooked up to an arduino controller with a lot of custom software running in it. But not impossible. You need to know a lot about your car wiring and electronics as well to pull this off. Can't say I have not thought about this before. Neat idea. I would like to to see where this will go.

no this is a race car so it is going to have a race pack in it and almost no wiring so what we would do is flip a switch to trun on the power to the car then computer would start up and password would be the key to get to the start button on the desk top.

Probably a raspberry pi hooked up to an arduino controller with a lot of custom software running in it. But not impossible. You need to know a lot about your car wiring and electronics as well to pull this off. Can't say I have not thought about this before. Neat idea. I would like to to see where this will go.

we have rewired this car more then once the car has a AEM engine mangigment in it and that needs to be attached to the a computer and using something like a gigabyte brix is and a touch screen is better then the laptop for him

we have rewired this car more then once the car has a AEM engine mangigment in it and that needs to be attached to the a computer and using something like a gigabyte brix is and a touch screen is better then the laptop for him

If you're just using it for monitoring and ECU control then get a cheap Windows tablet and find a way to mount it in there.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-10.1-Intel-Quad-Core-2-In-1-Detachable-Windows-8.1-Tablet/39092206

"Rawr XD"

Why not just have it on a mount somewhere? 

Lexus%20iPad%20Incar%20Med.jpg

If it has to be within a double-din space, you could probably do with one of these http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/HP-Stream-7-Signature-Edition-Tablet/productID.308781500

This is a older small car and it needs to look clean/OEM when it is done so having it out in the open wont work

Post pictures of dash to help advise...

I'll go with suggesting a dash mounted tablet...