need help with laptops (1000-1200€)

blackboss

READ IF U WANT !

I was planning to build a pc for Nov 2013 ... a lots of things happened and now Jan 2015 i still dont have my machine ... and still cant build it atleast -Jun ... and i decided to leave it for annother year ...summer is a bad time t build anyway and I will wait just bcs a lots of things are on their way to come in this 1year 1.amd after 1,5year almost give new cards(and show impressive benchmarks.) , 2.intel's skylake is coming with a lot of promises, 3.G-sync, freesync ARE actually here but not out yet(g-sync is but with no competition SWIFTRACE) , 4.ddr4 MUST calm down , 5.until then, Nvidia will answer , 6.cherry mx rgb keyboards (and i want BLUES !!! yes corsair , im mad !!! ) 7. monitors in general ips 120hz , 4k ips ... so those are several options worth to wait for me !!! and i need a laptop any way for my girlfriend and my holidays ... Right now i dont have nothing t game on i just us a pentiumR laptop (my girlfriend's) with this piece of crap i try to do everything the last 2 years ...

That laptop will be pretty much on my desk for like 1+year as desktop replacement (so portability is not a big deal even tho i need it to travel with airplane 2times/year and i dont really care about battery life that much. ) until i make my desktop and then that laptop will go to my girlfriend's hands (i will still use it 1month/year when i go summer holidays to my country Greece). I need with this laptop to play League of Legends , some cs:go , fifa 2015 or pes 2015 over all not that taxing games im not in to AAA game right now ... and also to run on background some music like youtube , spotify and to have a browser with 5-6 tabs open ... I know that i can go with something cheaper for what i want the laptop to do for me but i also want it to last as much as possible and have a good experience with it bcs right now i'm really tired with the crap that i'm using !!!

1.Lenovo y70-70 | 1100€

i7 4710HQ

8gb ram

1008gb sshd

17' 1080p IPS ,glossy panel,touch

860m 2gb

win8.1

That one is top recommended as i had saw so far (50-70,70-70 lenovo in general) but is fcking glossy ... all of that Yseries that i saw was glossy ... and the keyboard was soft ,mshy , and the form of those keys was wierd ... things that as i can understand lenovo is not top recomended for, but for thermals and build quality i guess! 

2.ASUS GL551JK | 1100€

i7 4710HQ

8gb ram

1tb hdd , 24gb ssd

15' 1080p IPS ,matte panel

850m 4gb

win8.1

That one is 15 (i wand a 17 but if is worth i can go with 15 too ) very good build quality , awesome looking , with optical drive (i dont give a sht about that but my girlfriend does ) , the keyboard was ok was soft again but not that bad as lenovo's and the keys was good too good feeling , but that one is a lot thicker then others and i though this one maybe is very good on thermals which as i saw on some reviews that's not true ... is good on thermals but not that much better, also 850m ( the other have 860m) and even with 2gb more then the others o dont think is a big deal on 1080p and games that i play ...

3.MSI GS70 | 1200€

i7 4710HQ

8gb ram

1tb hdd 7200rpm, 128gb ssd

17' 1080p TN ,matte panel

860m 2gb

wireless ac

win8.1

that one has pretty much everything... but my gf dont like it that much (how it looks like) no optical and she dont know the brand (she has no idea any way about tech , pcs , etc) but i can convince if it's worth . also that one has a TN panel not that HUGE of a deal bcs is looking ok i will say (view angles are not that bad and colors im ok with it ) but yeah also i think comes with far cry 4 code (i dont play it but why not if it's free ) and the keyboard was i guess the best . it has that rgb from steelseries nice feeling a bit on the soft side , but good feedback i like it ...

4.Acer Aspire VN7-791G | 1200€

i7 4710HQ

8gb ram

1tb hdd 5400rpm , 128gb ssd m.2

17' 1080p IPS ,matte panel

860m 2gb

blu ray

win8.1

that one was pretty much the best . My gf likes it a lot as first on her list , like everything that i want is in ... awesome IPS desplay keyboard was great with nice fback a clicky nose that i personaly like and keys was hard that i also like , comes with blu ray ... but Acer is a brand that I have heard many people say 'stay away from it' , bad quality , thermal problems etc things that as i saw wasn't true .. like yeah is plastic but i dont think tha a sheet of aluminium can make that much of a diference (that the other laptops have) and also after some reviews i saw that one performed pretty good maybe the best on that list(thermals) .. but maybe not for a long period of time ?! i dont know ...

also i had saw many recommends for custom laptops but the problem with those is 1. i cant try out them in stores, 2.they are usually more expensive compared to other 'prebuild' ones ... 3. with photos my gf said that they are fcking ugly , and also i cant know how good the panels are (if IPS no problem but as TN i should look it in person or take ur fback for it ) and keyboards too ... this action is running right now http://www.cyberport.de/xmg-a704-7eq-gaming-notebook-deal-i7-ssd-full-hd-gtx-ohne-windowsplusintel-voucher-1C10-2R1_1688.html ...

p.s

@ShadowCaptain i like ur opinions in every post that u are in(and as long as i follow LTT forum for like 1year+ i saw ur name everywhere ) so i want to hear ur opinion here too !!! also @D2ultima are u have a master on laptops ?! :D

Wait for broadwell.

Interested in Business and Technology

Yes I know quite a bit about laptops, but you seem to be recommending the thinner pre-built machines for yourself even though you're not moving it around as much; I don't get that. A GT70 would be a better machine than a GS70 if it was in your price range (mainly for temps etc).

Custom built laptops are the best way to go if you're not getting bare minimum spec. You can't try them out in a store, but you'd get the best options. The reason pre-built laptops are cheaper is because they have the ability to go "on sale" for less once they've been on the market for quite a while.

If you really want a good idea on what you should buy however, I'd quicker suggest using this forum http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/what-notebook-should-i-buy.16/

and reading the post requirements here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/what-should-i-buy-form-must-read-before-posting.29271/

Depending on where you are and what methods you're willing to use to buy, we could offer advice there. There's a lot of other people who know quite a bit on that forum, especially for your area, and may be able to offer you different avenues, especially good shops in your area.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Wait for broadwell.

I dont think that broadwell is much worth . Yeah i like it but the performance jump aren't that big and also i havent saw any i7 broadwell yet ...

Yes I know quite a bit about laptops, but you seem to be recommending the thinner pre-built machines for yourself even though you're not moving it around as much; I don't get that. A GT70 would be a better machine than a GS70 if it was in your price range (mainly for temps etc).

Custom built laptops are the best way to go if you're not getting bare minimum spec. You can't try them out in a store, but you'd get the best options. The reason pre-built laptops are cheaper is because they have the ability to go "on sale" for less once they've been on the market for quite a while.

If you really want a good idea on what you should buy however, I'd quicker suggest using this forum http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/what-notebook-should-i-buy.16/

and reading the post requirements here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/what-should-i-buy-form-must-read-before-posting.29271/

Depending on where you are and what methods you're willing to use to buy, we could offer advice there. There's a lot of other people who know quite a bit on that forum, especially for your area, and may be able to offer you different avenues, especially good shops in your area.

First thank u for ur reply ! Now I'm recommending thinner pre-built ones bcs I'm only 50% owner of that laptop . I will buy it 50%-50% with my girlfriend ! And that's the problem ! i want performance and reliability ! She wantes just design ! I was all in for custom one but i cant really found any good looking (for her) design !!! im reading that forum now i may post there too !!!