I think my h100i is broken. (Sorry if repost)

Go to solution Solved by SnowBob,

before you unount your cooler make sure it is mounted properly. If you look in corsair link, there is a temperature for the h100i temp and cpu temp. When under load, your h100i temp should be rising with your cpu temp, for mine, when i play bf3, cpu is at about 60 and coolant at 50. if there is a big difference between the cpu and h100i temp then that means you are not making good contact with the cpu and the cooler should be remounted.

i am running stock 3770k with about ~75 F room temp on the quest preset for the fans however i am using the SP120 performance edition fans

I recently finished with my build and while running prime 95 for 36 minutes my 3570k at stock speed reached temps of 84c according to asus's monitoring software... Also my idle temps are 34-40c. I've done my research and so far I can't find a clear answer to wether this is normal.

Btw I searched this forum too so sorry if this is a repost kinda thing.

Corsair 350d

Corsair ax760i

Corsair h100i

Evga 650ti boost super clocked 2gb

Asus Maximus v gene

Corsair vengeance 8gb

Two 120 corsair fans in the front for intake then two exhaust with h100i and another exhaust with the back fan

Corsair 350d, Intel 3570k @ 4.2 ghz, H100i, Caviar blue 500gb, Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung EVO 850 Pro 256GB, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 ACX 3.0, Corsair Vengeance 8gb,AX760i

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

I recently finished with my build and while running prime 95 for 36 minutes my 3570k at stock speed reached temps of 84c according to asus's monitoring software... Also my idle temps are 34-40c. I've done my research and so far I can't find a clear answer to wether this is normal.

are the fans spinning up all the way when its under that kind of load?

What are your Ambients? Also are u using the stock thermal paste?Those numbers don't sound crazy. What is your pump speed and h100i liquid temp?

Try to re-mount the CPU block with new thermal paste.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

are the fans spinning up all the way when its under that kind of load?

. No because I have the corsair link software set at balanced so it doesnt get loud

Corsair 350d, Intel 3570k @ 4.2 ghz, H100i, Caviar blue 500gb, Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung EVO 850 Pro 256GB, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 ACX 3.0, Corsair Vengeance 8gb,AX760i

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

What are your Ambients? Also are u using the stock thermal paste?Those numbers don't sound crazy. What is your pump speed and h100i liquid temp?

My ambient temp was around 74 F and yes im using stock thermal paste. And idk what the pump speed and liquid temp was. I'm out of town right now so I don't have my rig to check but what would be a good speed for the pump and a good temp for the liquid?

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

My ambient temp was around 74 F and yes im using stock thermal paste. And idk what the pump speed and liquid temp was. I'm out of town right now so I don't have my rig to check but what would be a good speed for the pump and a good temp for the liquid?

Pump speed should be around 2300 and h100i temps should be in low 30s..If they are in those areas then you cooler is working.. Like Ghost said you should re paste and remount..

Make sure you connected Corsair 100i properly to 4 pin header so pump can work on 100%, also check mounting system maybe you didn`t make enough preassure on CPU. That temperature is too high even for high OC on stock it shouldn`t go over 50C on full load !!!

Make sure you connected Corsair 100i properly to 4 pin header so pump can work on 100%, also check mounting system maybe you didn`t make enough preassure on CPU. That temperature is too high even for high OC on stock it shouldn`t go over 50C on full load !!!

it's connected to a four pin but I don't see how that could be a problem because of the fact that is only has 3 pins on it

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

Pump speed should be around 2300 and h100i temps should be in low 30s..If they are in those areas then you cooler is working.. Like Ghost said you should re paste and remount..

It has two pump speeds,., one says 0 then the other says 2194 the h100i temp is 28.4. and also my led keeps turning off.

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

It has two pump speeds,., one says 0 then the other says 2194 the h100i temp is 28.4. and also my led keeps turning off.

Well your pump speed is good and so is your h100i temps. The led lights are known to be glitchy.. But it's working besides the Led light..

what happens to the temperatures when the fans are 100%?

up/down/same?

when you can, do you have any thermal interface material (TIM), if not, you'll need

some.

remove the controller/pump from the CPU and examine the TIM on both the CPU

and block. should have a pretty good coating on both. if so, then we'll have to look

for other issues and symptoms.

airdeano

what happens to the temperatures when the fans are 100%?

up/down/same?

when you can, do you have any thermal interface material (TIM), if not, you'll need

some.

remove the controller/pump from the CPU and examine the TIM on both the CPU

and block. should have a pretty good coating on both. if so, then we'll have to look

for other issues and symptoms.

airdeano

When the fans are at 100% the temps change down by about a degree or two, 

And no I don't have any thermal paste but I can probably get some tomorrow. 

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

BTW I already updated the firmware for it which fixed the weird noise from the fans.

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

My temps are the same as yours with my h100i but my cpu is overclocked so i'm pretty sure yours should be lower. Remove the block and take a peek at whats goin on and like the others said re paste it and see if that helps.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

My temps are the same as yours with my h100i but my cpu is overclocked so i'm pretty sure yours should be lower. Remove the block and take a peek at whats goin on and like the others said re paste it and see if that helps.

But you are in Vancouver and he is in Miami..A big difference in ambient temps..

But you are in Vancouver and he is in Miami..A big difference in ambient temps..

Didn't see that, that is 100% right

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

When the fans are at 100% the temps change down by about a degree or two, 

And no I don't have any thermal paste but I can probably get some tomorrow. 

should have seen a larger delta change on the balanced to performance

stock idle should be about 5°-10° above ambient depending on fan profile. stock loaded

synthetic bench mid 55° - 65° (or lower) again depending on ambient and fan profile.

i'd benched a stock 3570k in 25° ambient and was 62°. under-volted (1.080) stock multi

and got 38° loaded. so auto vCORE voltage (1.25v+) does make 'em hotter than need be.

but lets get your stock under control and cooling properly. since the firmware update fixed

the "fan controller noise". you'll wanna check your TIM pattern for proper application.

Square_TIM_Application_Two_Lines_Spread.

airdeano

should have seen a larger delta change on the balanced to performance

stock idle should be about 5°-10° above ambient depending on fan profile. stock loaded

synthetic bench mid 55° - 65° (or lower) again depending on ambient and fan profile.

i'd benched a stock 3570k in 25° ambient and was 62°. under-volted (1.080) stock multi

and got 38° loaded. so auto vCORE voltage (1.25v+) does make 'em hotter than need be.

but lets get your stock under control and cooling properly. since the firmware update fixed

the "fan controller noise". you'll wanna check your TIM pattern for proper application.

Square_TIM_Application_Two_Lines_Spread.

airdeano

cool thanks I'm planing on checking that today!

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

before you unount your cooler make sure it is mounted properly. If you look in corsair link, there is a temperature for the h100i temp and cpu temp. When under load, your h100i temp should be rising with your cpu temp, for mine, when i play bf3, cpu is at about 60 and coolant at 50. if there is a big difference between the cpu and h100i temp then that means you are not making good contact with the cpu and the cooler should be remounted.

i am running stock 3770k with about ~75 F room temp on the quest preset for the fans however i am using the SP120 performance edition fans

What fans are you using? I was using Cougar Vortex fans on mine and I bypassed plugging the fans into the block. Instead I hooked them into my motherboard. 

What fans are you using? I was using Cougar Vortex fans on mine and I bypassed plugging the fans into the block. Instead I hooked them into my motherboard. 

stock fans, but I heard its better to plug it into the h100i 

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

I'm gonna go ahead and mark this solved because I think somehow it fixed it self  :)  but thanks for everything guys

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch