Best setup for all-around recording?

FatEskimo97

For the past couple of years I've been using a Blue Snowball as my mic for absolutely everything. I use it for gaming, recording youtube game commentaries and other YouTube videos, recording solo as well as multiple person jam sessions with electric guitar and vocals, etc. Now I'm looking for an upgrade.

As I said before, I record electric guitar from amps (I can also do just input to the audio interface but I don't prefer that) as well as singing and regular talking in games, so the mic needs to be good for all of those. Here are a couple of the mics I've seen. Which is better for me and is there something better for the same price?:

MXL R144: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mxl-r144-ribbon-microphone

MXL V67G: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mxl-v67g-mic

With either mic, I also need an audio interface. Here are the ones I am looking at. As before, please tell me which is better and if there is another option I should look at:

Focusrite Scarlett Solo: http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-solo

Lexicon Alpha 2x2x2: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lexicon-alpha-2x2x2-desktop-recording-studio

I can answer any other questions you guys have. Thanks.

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

Why didn't you like your snowball? 

I personally use the AT2020 and the AT2030 and they ROCK. I would totally suggest, along with a spider shockmount, pop filter, and a stand. 

I would choose the Scarlett Solo over the Lexicon Alpha in my opinion.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Why didn't you like your snowball? 

I personally use the AT2020 and the AT2030 and they ROCK. I would totally suggest, along with a spider shockmount, pop filter, and a stand. 

I would choose the Scarlett Solo over the Lexicon Alpha in my opinion.

Love the snowball actually. Just think it's time for an upgrade. Snowball also isn't as easy to control the levels on because it's directly USB, so my guitar amp is too loud for it even at lower volumes. Great mic though

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

What about a Rode NT1?  It should be great for all the requirements you listed.  You could connect it to a Behringer Q502USB 5-Channel Mixer?  It's probably a bit more than what you proposed.

Workstation 1: Intel i7 4790K | Thermalright MUX-120 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | 32GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 9-9-9-27 ( 4 x 8GB) | 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HGST 4TB NAS 7.2KRPM | 2 x HGST 6TB NAS 7.2KRPM | 1 x Samsung 1TB 7.2KRPM | Seasonic 1050W 80+ Gold | Fractal Design Define R4 | Win 8.1 64-bit
NAS 1: Intel Intel Xeon E3-1270V3 | SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O | 32GB RAM DDR3L ECC (8GBx4) | 12 x HGST 4TB Deskstar NAS | SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB (boot/OS) | SAMSUNG 850 Pro 128GB (ZIL + L2ARC) | Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold | Rosewill RSV-L4411 | Xubuntu 14.10

Notebook: Lenovo T500 | Intel T9600 | 8GB RAM | Crucial M4 256GB