Ghost's Build Log [Complete]

Ghost

The over all build looks really clean, however I can see the whole tray you've put into the back, the edges aren't cut neatly enough and it looks quite obvious. Over than that, you need more glamour shots! :P

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

The over all build looks really clean, however I can see the whole tray you've put into the back, the edges aren't cut neatly enough and it looks quite obvious. Over than that, you need more glamour shots! :P

fkE8z.gif

Needs moar Fabulous

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Thanks, There are a couple more in the album. It's quite hard to get good shots with the camera I use and this was the best one. It took me about 20 mins to figure out how to get this one done.

The sheet was perfect until I put in the USB and IO connectors and they pushed down the mid plate a bit. I will correct it next time I mess around with the build but I would have to take the motherboard out which is a huge pain considering I routed cables under it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

hey ghost great build love how neat you've made the CM adv two, i have the same case and its got the potential to mod well. You've inspired me to make a few needed improvements thanks dude. 

Hi! i've got the same case and i would like to cut a window like yours, maybe with a 120 mm hole for a fan or preserving the lower grill, what did you use to cut it? Dremel? I don't have one, and i don't wanna buy it to use it once, so I'm wondering if i can make a clean cut with only drill and jigsaw. What do you think about it?

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

Hi! i've got the same case and i would like to cut a window like yours, maybe with a 120 mm hole for a fan or preserving the lower grill, what did you use to cut it? Dremel? I don't have one, and i don't wanna buy it to use it once, so I'm wondering if i can make a clean cut with only drill and jigsaw. What do you think about it?

The steel on this case is really hard to cut. I used a grinder (I would have used a dremel but I didn't have one that was good enough) to cut through it and then to grind the edge down.  I'm sure you can use a jigsaw and get a straight cut but it really depends on how good you are at using tools.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The steel on this case is really hard to cut. I used a grinder (I would have used a dremel but I didn't have one that was good enough) to cut through it and then to grind the edge down.  I'm sure you can use a jigsaw and get a straight cut but it really depends on how good you are at using tools.

If you do some good prep work (draw a proper guide line, or even better for

straight cuts: clamp a guide, such as a piece of wood or whatever have you,

onto the piece which you're cutting) I have found it a lot easier to get

nice cuts with a jigsaw.

A dremel is nice for delicate work and awkward places where a "real" tool

can't get to, but for large cuts I have found a jigsaw to be superior (and

I have actually tried both tools for both purposes). EDIT: And yes,

of course a Dremel is much more versatile than a jigsaw (cutting, grinding,

sanding, polishing etc.). /EDIT.

Make sure you mask the piece which you're cutting to prevent scratches, use

a good blade suitable for metal cutting and make sure to plan and measure

well before making a cut and you should be able to get excellent results

(depending on how good you are with the tools of course ;) ).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I came here expecting epic watercoolings....

What happened?  :(

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

I came here expecting epic watercoolings....

What happened?  :(

Money.

So the build is finished. Here's a final picture.

Let me know what you think.

Such a clean build.. Looks great!

• 3 months later...

Very nice build!

One of the few builds i read everything :D

| Just sitting here, scrolling, judging. |