How much should i sell a dead gfx card for ?

-CLASSIFIED-
Go to solution Solved by -CLASSIFIED-,

Gave up , fixed it myself because diamond wouldn't get back I me. Works better then ever now.

i know this is an unusual question but how much should i sell my "dead" r9 290x for ? 

apologies if this is in the wrong forum section or just too stupid to be asked 

and before anyone asks no i can't rma as it has no warranty left  

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

cant RMA the 290X?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i know this is an unusual question but how much should i sell my "dead" r9 290x for ? 

apologies if this is in the wrong forum section or just too stupid to be asked 

PM me. I may be interested. Other options include eBay, Craigslist, etc.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

$5, and to me :)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Whats wrong with it? I'd be willing to pay a fair amount for it.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why can't you RMA the card?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

$50, I have seen a cooler go for more then that, plus it looks cool :D

although I wouldn't pay that much, but someone might

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Why can't you RMA the card?

no warranty left on it 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

no warranty left on it 

you could ask how much for the repairs

if it can be repaired

you could sell it higher for a working GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

you could ask how much for the repairs

if it can be repaired

you could sell it higher for a working GPU

i just assume they would want an arm and leg to attemt a fix , and thats what ive been trying to do. sell it for a different card lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

i just assume they would want an arm and leg to attemt a fix , and thats what ive been trying to do. sell it for a different card lol 

asking via the livechat, phone or email wont cost you anything

just ask and see what is the price

no warranty left on it 

Where'd you buy? Some places will still take it after the warranty has ended.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Where'd you buy? Some places will still take it after the warranty has ended.

the person i got it from bought it from newegg , but i dont have the original receipt 

Spoiler
Spoiler

asking via the livechat, phone or email wont cost you anything

just ask and see what is the price

the mannufacturer of the card ? ok well i guess thats always worth a shot 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Its still got good working components in it like the cooler and caps. And makes a nice keychain.

lol , well all the caps are in good nick (none are popped) , and the cooler is basicly new. both fans still spin up and the other vram cooler plate is still good :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

Well depending on your card model, the cooler might be usable for the reference R9 290X PCB.

doubtfull , its a diamond r9 290x with the non reference pcb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Mr. AMD is my father. I can have it fixed in a jiffy.

i wish it was that easy xD

Spoiler
Spoiler

Gave up , fixed it myself because diamond wouldn't get back I me. Works better then ever now.

Spoiler
Spoiler