Operation: Last Resort.

Lycr

I'm sure that many of you know about Aaron Swartz, facing millions of dollars in fines and 50+ years in prison, he took his own life on January 11th, 2013.

Anonymous has claimed to have infiltrated the US Sentencing Commission and several of their computers to gather sensitive, and encrypted, data, which is available for download from several different mirrors available from around the globe (link to download is available in the video description for the YouTube video).

Anonymous claims to have the decryption key, but for obvious reasons, has not yet made that public.

Anonymous had also taken down USSC's website posting a message aimed at the United States Government and citizens of the world.

For those whom want to learn more about Aaron's injustice, please refer to the following video.

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

Interesting...but what information (file download) could Anonymous possibly hold hostage against the US?

Aaron Swartz was a smart man but not smart enough on how our judicial system works. He was looking up to +50 years, he wasn't going to get close to that, maybe 10 years max. Ill tell you why, our judicial system when you get caught for something, charges you with as much as they can so that when you go to court they can make you plea out to a lesser charge that way they get a conviction. Damn you think A man that went to Harvard would know that. Sad that he killed himself but really ( If you can't do the time, Don't do the crime, and that is the bottom line)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Aaron Swartz was a smart man but not smart enough on how are judicial system works. He was looking up to +50 years' date=' he wasn't going to get close to that, maybe 10 years max. Ill tell you why, our judicial system when you get caught for something, charges you with as much as they can so that when you go to court they can make you plea out to a lesser charge that way they get a conviction. Damn you think A man that went to Harvard would know that. Sad that he killed himself but really ( If you can't do the time, Don't do the crime, and that is the bottom line)[/quote']

I think they were still going to make an example of Aaron, they had him on several charges. But in Aaron's death, he has brought this agenda to more people than he probably would have if he had chosen to fight the charges until the end.

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

I have a feeling that anonymous is a bit pissed and I can see why. The charges were overkill, clearly they wanted to rip him apart...

R.I.P. Aaron Swartz

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

First and foremost, Anonymous is not a group, or an organization, or coherent collective of any sort. Anonymous is more like...an idea, a concept.. And it makes a good media sensation. The way the video's are made, the music, ''Operations'', ''hacking'' (often it isn't even hacking what they do), a ''warhead''... It's just a lot of rousing which will ultimately lead to nothing.

It's the kind of stuff you will encounter in videogames and movies, not in real life.

Not to say I don't agree with the points made in the video. What ericlee says is also completely true. I pity his death,but it was still himself that killed him.

Aaron Swartz was a smart man but not smart enough on how our judicial system works. He was looking up to +50 years, he wasn't going to get close to that, maybe 10 years max. Ill tell you why, our judicial system when you get caught for something, charges you with as much as they can so that when you go to court they can make you plea out to a lesser charge that way they get a conviction. Damn you think A man that went to Harvard would know that. Sad that he killed himself but really ( If you can't do the time, Don't do the crime, and that is the bottom line)
i think you mean " *our* judicial system."

First and foremost, Anonymous is not a group, or an organization, or coherent collective of any sort. Anonymous is more like...an idea, a concept.. And it makes a good media sensation. The way the video's are made, the music, ''Operations'', ''hacking'' (often it isn't even hacking what they do), a ''warhead''... It's just a lot of rousing which will ultimately lead to nothing.

It's the kind of stuff you will encounter in videogames and movies, not in real life.

Not to say I don't agree with the points made in the video. What ericlee says is also completely true. I pity his death,but it was still himself that killed him.

don't under estimate the skill some of the members have. A lot of people involved are just being a lot more cautious after some members have caught charges and "stuff"

LOL good eye, good eye :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

There are no members. Like I said it's not any form of coherent collective but more like an idea or concept. Some random people sometimes do something that falls under that idealism, so they do it in the name of "anonymous". It's not like some sort of secret club or anything.