4K consoles!

iHammmy

You know I think we are saying the same thing more or less, but coming at it from different angles.

Really? You seem to be saying that in 5 or 6 years console APUs will be comparable with 380Xs. Have I misunderstood?

Really? You seem to be saying that in 5 or 6 years console APUs will be comparable with 380Xs. Have I misunderstood?

I mean more the new technologies the 380X is going to bring and how those will develope over a couple of years. Like the 3d stacked memory which has a huge bandwidth increase with the frame buffer compression and any other pieces of tech AMD will bring.

If we go by the pattern of 8x to 10x increases of performance to console GPUs, we might looking at something in the 10-14 TFLOPS range.

More advertising conveniently slipped as a "rumor"...Everybody knows the market for 4K products is STILL very limited, and it will take more years to really begin spreading. Demand and supply both dictate that this is not a lucrative venture in the forthcoming years.

its called an alienware alpha

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

lol that will never happen apus are pretty bad for high resolution/detailed gaming

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

lol that will never happen apus are pretty bad for high resolution/detailed gaming

Thats currently. The future will see a change in that market niche.

Repost  :unsure:

I feel like being able to play games at 1080p would be much more important than being able to play videos at 4k though. 

Dude the new xbox will play 4k games at 0.5fps, it looks way more cinematic that way!!!!!!!!

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG