970 load issues on BF4

Appel
Go to solution Solved by JamesYang,

I have heard that the FX series are pretty awful. I'm not to tight for a budget, I can sell my mobo and cpu I have a reasonably large influx of money coming soon. What Intel processor is good? (less than £200 please)

Not on budget should've gone with Intel at the beginning...If you're not overclocking,just for gaming,grab i5 4690K/i5 4690/i5 4590/i5 4460(Price Hight to Low),and motherboard,you can check out Linus's Channel's 3 Parts; Bang for the Buck Z97 Motherboard Showdown Part 1,Part 2,Part 3 watch the video and choose for yourself,though I'd recommend ASUS Z97-C

You guessed it.

Low load even on ultra, running at 1080p getting fps from 30-50

Specs:

CPU: 7850k

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 3 970

RAM: 8gb @ 1600mhz

PSU: 600w evga

That's your CPU... An APU is far too weak for any high-ish end cards.... If you want better FPS, you'll have to upgrade your CPU and Mobo....

That bloody bottleneck from the CPU. This is why you go on forums to ask people about bottlenecks before you get a PC, upgrade your CPU AFAP to an i3 and a cheap H81/H97 motherboard (depending on the CPU's architecture).

You guessed it.

Low load even on ultra, running at 1080p getting fps from 30-50

Specs:

CPU: 7850k

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 3 970

RAM: 8gb @ 1600mhz

PSU: 600w evga

CPU mate.

I have the 970 and im getting 80FPS on with ultra on 1080p monitor running 1440p DRS

If i run 1080p on ultra i go in the hundreds for FPS

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

@Appel

Your CPU is MUCH too weak to even come close to supporting a 970. You need to upgrade

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

New cpu m8

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The CPU is a gigantic bottleneck... That 970 is probably crying for a better CPU.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Really? b..b..but :C

I spent £124 on that CPU

4 cores @ 4ghz? Is that not enough?

If not could you recommend a better one?

Also~ this forum is awesome, You all answered so quickly!

Really? b..b..but :C

I spent £124 on that CPU

4 cores @ 4ghz? Is that not enough?

If not could you recommend a better one?

Also~ this forum is awesome, You all answered so quickly!

Thats also AMD's newest one! (I believe)

Thats also AMD's newest one! (I believe)

you could try to OC the APU speed and see if the fps will improve

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

you could try to OC the APU speed and see if the fps will improve

Well, my cpu is water cooled so I could try that, but I don't really want to kill it :c

Well, my cpu is water cooled so I could try that, but I don't really want to kill it :c

at stock voltage you should be able to bump it up to 4.1GHz

Disable Turbo Boost, Enable Cool & Quiet mode

Disable C6 state and enable Advance Power Management

clock the System Bus speed to 2GHz

and play with the multiplier

bump it up to 1.4+ volts if you want to hit the 4.3-4.5GHz mark

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

CPU Architecture Shootout: 16 CPUs, One Core Each, And 3 GHz

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/processor-architecture-benchmark,2974.html

Date - 2011, so Sandy Bridge is used, as well as AMD's prior to FX series type CPU's, (which I'm pretty sure can even be faster than FX in some cases or barely behind)

Analizing FX - http://www.extremetech.com/computing/100583-analyzing-bulldozers-scaling-single-thread-performance

@Faceman has the collaborated info from different users/sources and put it into a thread WORTH READING.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/page-5#entry3621417

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So what do I look for in a CPU to support my 970?

cores?

Ghz?

Other things?

So what do I look for in a CPU to support my 970?

cores?

Ghz?

Other things?

No,You don't need to do that,but you do need to look carefully about the product,what it's made for.

If your budget is tight,go with amd is definitely your best choice,but not APU,APU is sort of made for HTPC.

If you can,sell your current CPU and Motherboard,and take that money(You maybe need to pay a few bucks more) to go buy a AMD FX series CPU(At least FX 8320 or higher),and a AM3+ Motherboard 990 Chipset,970 chipset is a bit old,but msi has a gaming board,if you like its feature.

No,You don't need to do that,but you do need to look carefully about the product,what it's made for.

If your budget is tight,go with amd is definitely your best choice,but not APU,APU is sort of made for HTPC.

If you can,sell your current CPU and Motherboard,and take that money(You maybe need to pay a few bucks more) to go buy a AMD FX series CPU(At least FX 8320 or higher),and a AM3+ Motherboard 990 Chipset,970 chipset is a bit old,but msi has a gaming board,if you like its feature.

I have heard that the FX series are pretty awful. I'm not to tight for a budget, I can sell my mobo and cpu I have a reasonably large influx of money coming soon. What Intel processor is good? (less than £200 please)

Not on budget should've gone with Intel at the beginning...If you're not overclocking,just for gaming,grab i5 4690K/i5 4690/i5 4590/i5 4460(Price Hight to Low),and motherboard,you can check out Linus's Channel's 3 Parts; Bang for the Buck Z97 Motherboard Showdown Part 1,Part 2,Part 3 watch the video and choose for yourself,though I'd recommend ASUS Z97-C

Thanks for the help everyone. I was on a budget at the start but not now!

Thanks