FLAC

Kuzma

I just downloaded my first FLAC album in a couple of years and i forgot how nice it was  :wub:

Anyone recommend any Foobar skins?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I just use the default.  :P

Lol the default is actually very good but I wanted to try something different :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

V_V looks like my bank account is gonna get pwned so I can get some headphones to take advantage of FLACs , just using my built in Mac speakers I can hear the difference O.o hearing instruments I've never heard in songs.

Columns UI.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Columns UI.

I just spent like an hour trying to get that to work O.o but I kept running into errors so meh

V_V looks like my bank account is gonna get pwned so I can get some headphones to take advantage of FLACs , just using my built in Mac speakers I can hear the difference O.o hearing instruments I've never heard in songs.

Does this mean you want headphone suggestions?  :)

The sound from the Mac should be good enough unless Kuzma wants to go external.

Does this mean you want headphone suggestions?  :)

Yes please :D

Sennheisers. Blindly get Sennheisers. Any of their high end ones (HD 518, 558, 598, 600, 650) will be glorious, depending on your budget.

EDIT: I must say this however, get a good sound card/external DAC for full benefits.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I would use foobar, but thanks to my family i'm pretty much locked into itunes.  :(

/hug

The audio quality is beautiful

/hug

The audio quality is beautiful

When I have the money for new audio on the list I will try to break that lock.

When I have the money for new audio on the list I will try to break that lock.

xD no matter how cheap your hardware is improving the source will always improve the sound (up to a certain point) like there are loads of instruments cut out on mp3 O.o

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I feel you, i wish i can gather up some money to get a good pair of headphones aswell.

Do you have a budget?

xD practically 0 but do you have any affordable recommendations in case I do end up have some money :p

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

Sennheisers. Blindly get Sennheisers.

That's horrible advice. Sennheiser got a few good ones but never say "blindly get X" to anything.

If you want a relatively cheap yet good setup then I recommend:

Sony MDR-V6 and FiiO E10. If you got more to spend then replace the Sony headphones with the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, or if you like gaming and don't have such a high budget, get the Audio Techinca ATH-AD700.

As for FLAC vs properly encoded high bitrate lossy, you are most likely just experiencing placebo.

Asus Xonar Essence STX / AKG K240 MKII -----------> orgasm for my ears (flac based reproduction trough Foobar) !!!

That's horrible advice. Sennheiser got a few good ones but never say "blindly get X" to anything.

If you want a relatively cheap yet good setup then I recommend:

Sony MDR-V6 and FiiO E10. If you got more to spend then replace the Sony headphones with the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, or if you like gaming and don't have such a high budget, get the Audio Techinca ATH-AD700.

As for FLAC vs properly encoded high bitrate lossy, you are most likely just experiencing placebo.

This.

I just downloaded my first FLAC album in a couple of years and i forgot how nice it was  :wub:

Anyone recommend any Foobar skins?

Have you ever tried Aimp 3?? Is really good and free. I use it to listen to my music (All Flac Btw :D ) and I really enjoy it to have it in very tiny bar with Always-on-top so I can play games etc and still control it.

Want more info? over it and it will tell you the name of the music playing and the progress, etc. 

Its free so why not try it =)

Oh and the icons it puts on the files are pretty awesome too if you bind them to Aimp. Like yellow F for flac, red M for MP3, etc.

Anyway I think everything can be customized so if you dont like it change it XD

Here: http://www.aimp.ru/index.php?do=news&id=27

There is absolutely no difference in playback quality between softwares, so just get the one you find the best looking, the most lightweight or the easiest to use or the one that has the features you want.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

There is absolutely no difference in playback quality between softwares, so just get the one you find the best looking, the most lightweight or the easiest to use or the one that has the features you want.

Foorbar2k however has WASAPI support.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers