good ways to stay informed?

jdmilion

What are some good ways to stay up to date with the new tech/games/computer shiznit? I mean like websites, etc. Id prefer something i can read as oppose to watching. i sometimes will get the occasional magazine but they dont come out too often.

Stalk the tech news/reviews subforum.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Check the news section of the forum regularly. A lot of the important updates get posted in there very quickly. 

Also, if you have any social media, follow places like pcper, Kitguru etc. to get updates on news. 

Browse these forums and browse reddit (/r/pcmasterrace, /r/gadgets, /r/android, etc, etc.). You could also use flipboard, a beautiful app with lots of news sources.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Browse these forums and browse reddit (/r/pcmasterrace, /r/gadgets, /r/android, etc, etc.). You could also use flipboard, a beautiful app with lots of news sources.

Flipboard is awesome. If you don't want an app, trying using IFTTT to create a daily RSS digest of relevant feeds, that's how I keep track of uploads from YouTube channels I watch. I get push notifications whenever channels I care about upload a new video so I get a notification on my Pebble.

With tech I watch some youtubers like linus or MKBHD. I also stalk the news section of the forum. With games I like TotalBiscuit and Angry Joe to stay informed.

This place is excellent tbh, its astonishing how fast news gets posted up :P 

Also; if you're really busy, you can listen to the wan show :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

All u need is this (tech news and reviewes section) forum. It has big enough user base so you will never miss anything game/tech related.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Anything that isn't television is getting off to a good start. The amount of stupid news presenters and "experts" is just mind blowing. It's not even funny anymore.

Tech news subforum on here is really good. It's WAN show fuel, so that's a good sign.

Googling top games or news, LTT forum news, WAN show is fun. 

There are all kinds of way to stay informed.

Halfbreed

Check Tech News & Reviews frequently, and briefly somewhere like Anandtech, Hexus, and the like, and you'll stay fairly up-to-date.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

PCWorld, Engadget, The Verge...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

For me,(NL, your mileage may vary). Hardware.info, anand and ltt forum news does the trick. Sometimes forbes can be informative too.

Interested in Business and Technology

I use feedly to add all of my favorite tech sites to one place.