New Headphone Suggestions

c00kiz

I have a Sony MDR-1R, and I'm going to give it to my dad because he looks really interested in it. So I'm probably gonna need to get some new headphones. I would like it to be ideal to listen to Electronic music. Maybe around the $200-$300. A headset would be awesome but I really just want a pair of really good headphones.

I have a Sony MDR-1R, and I'm going to give it to my dad because he looks really interested in it. So I'm probably gonna need to get some new headphones. I would like it to be ideal to listen to Electronic music. Maybe around the $200-$300. A headset would be awesome but I really just want a pair of really good headphones.

Well, first, kudos for giving it to your old man without him specifically asking for it. Simple but good gesture. 

What'd you like your new set be? Closed? Open? Honestly in that price range, not many closed back is better than the 1R. I can't really think of any, as a matter of fact. 

Would you consider open back? Maybe for a change of pace? HE400 is quite good in that price range. It's quite big and bulky compared to 1R though, but it's good for electronic and aggressive musics.

V-Moda M-100 seems perfect for you.

LP2 if you want to save some money. 

You can also but this official add on mic for it, but it won't be as good as a mod mic. 

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1422939571&sr=8-8&keywords=V+moda

I dislike the design, so it's out for me. sorry.

The Custom and HE400 looks quite good tho. Hmm...

You can also but this official add on mic for it, but it won't be as good as a mod mic.

The BoomPro is just as good, just doesn't have the noise cancelling that the ModMic 4.0 has.

Philips Fidelio X1 (if you're cool with open headphones) has a removable cable which you can use with the V-Moda BoomPro to turn it into a headset.