Western Digital Black 2 Dual Drive for desktop?

SYPH
Go to solution Solved by Mao_Zedong,

You could, but it isn't an especially good value in a desktop. The only thing that makes it good is that it has both an hdd and ssd which will both fit in a laptop. The hard drive part is also just 5200 rpm so it will be pretty slow.

I have one in my old laptop which i did a clean wipe, could I use it a Desktop? I'm planning on getting another one.

So basically from my understanding it has an actual SSD, and another 1 TB hard drive? Unlike Seagate?

You could, but it isn't an especially good value in a desktop. The only thing that makes it good is that it has both an hdd and ssd which will both fit in a laptop. The hard drive part is also just 5200 rpm so it will be pretty slow.

I have one in my old laptop which i did a clean wipe, could I use it a Desktop? I'm planning on getting another one.

Hey SYPH,

WD Black2 is designed for laptops, but it should not have any problems working in a regular desktop. It functions just as any regular SATA drive. It has a 120GB SSD and a separate 1TB HDD that are put together in a single 2.5" form factor so it can fit in a laptop. It is designed for single-bay laptops so that they can benefit from a larger SSD and a big HDD for storage.

I am currently using this drive in my 5-year-old laptop and it works great for gaming, editing and general computing. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/