World Cancer Day 2015 Fold the crap out this week!

That's all you gotta do! And points per day is your "folding points", the better the hardware, the more PPD usually.

All right then :) the value of PPD keeps increasing though, is that normal?

make sure you have set the passkey for once you have 10 cpu wu's completed you will get with every cpu wu bonus points.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

Thanks, I had missed that!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

All right then :) the value of PPD keeps increasing though, is that normal?

Thanks, I had missed that!

It takes 2-3 days to normalize, don't worry about it too much, and just think you're adding flops to a good cause :D

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It takes 2-3 days to normalize, don't worry about it too much, and just think you're adding flops to a good cause :D

Sorry for spamming your inbox ^^ but I have one last question: my GPU has an ETA of 10 hours, does that mean it has a longer WU than my cpu or is something amiss? (my specs are in my profile btw)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Sorry for spamming your inbox ^^ but I have one last question: my GPU has an ETA of 10 hours, does that mean it has a longer WU than my cpu or is something amiss? (my specs are in my profile btw)

I'm on here to help, don't worry about it. Work is slow anyway.

To answer: I'm not positive, so don't hold me to this, but I BELIEVE it runs more intensive simulations on GPU, to take advantage of all them cores.

I wouldn't worry about the ETA at all, only worry if you're actually having problems.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I'm on here to help, don't worry about it. Work is slow anyway.

To answer: I'm not positive, so don't hold me to this, but I BELIEVE it runs more intensive simulations on GPU, to take advantage of all them cores.

I wouldn't worry about the ETA at all, only worry if you're actually having problems.

ok thanks :)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is correct :)

Even if you look at the file sizes in the log, it shows GPU work units are ~4MB and the CPU WUs are ~500KB IIRC (and yes I know that isn't really an accurate way to measure them, but it's at least some indication of how much data is there to be crunched)

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

World Cancer Day..........

hmm

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

All of you guys are awesome for donating so much extra computing power, this week especially :)   It is very admirable. <3 

In 5 days I got to rank 604 in LTT and top 4% worldwide on a single gpu and a consumer core i7  :blink:

27.jpg

by the way is it normal for my R9 290 to fold on core 17 or...?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

In 5 days I got to rank 604 in LTT and top 4% worldwide on a single gpu and a consumer core i7  :blink:

by the way is it normal for my R9 290 to fold on core 17 or...?

Well, folding is pretty much restricted to consumer hardware, they are

targeting the mainstream, or whatever platform they think will yield the

most return. And yes, core 17 is fairly common. 

Don't fold all the time since heat... But, when I do on my Dell, I have to watch the motherboard temps.. I may have accidentally hit 75C one.

63c21120ff95376505de8a1855869797.png

1c36d2f62eace5b626339cfb59b6cbfc.png

And sometimes my light dims with both computers under full load... And the CPU fan on this dell hits 100% at 5000RPM every now and again for no reason whatsoever.

Edit: The Dell averages 16K PPD... Not a lot, but just saying this since I took the screenshot while it was still getting one of the WUs ready.

Meanwhile, I dont get 1K PPD

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

My 660 Ti already overclocks 24/7.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hey! I'm exactly at spot 250. Yummy.

Dem 970 really coughs up the PPDs....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!