Thoughts on the new XPS 13?

I saw the new XPS 13 on the WAN Show, I really like it. Might be my next laptop... I need something like it. What are your thoughts?

For me, it lacks the best thing about the XPS 12 (the only convertible solution that made sense).

But I'm sure it's a solid enough laptop, just unremarkable now.

the new XPS 13 is probably my next laptop for school.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I saw the new XPS 13 on the WAN Show, I really like it. Might be my next laptop... I need something like it. What are your thoughts?

There's going to be a LOT more new Broadwell ULV ultrabooks coming very soon with similar specs and a lower price tag, as long as you're willing to give up some aesthetics.

"Rawr XD"

The slim bezels is very appealing to me. Always wanted to see laptops with bezels that small. But I think engineering such small bezels will probably rack up the price. 

There's going to be a LOT more new Broadwell ULV ultrabooks coming very soon with similar specs and a lower price tag, as long as you're willing to give up some aesthetics.

I honestly would really like to see Broadwell ULVs in budget laptop configurations. 

For me, it lacks the best thing about the XPS 12 (the only convertible solution that made sense).

But I'm sure it's a solid enough laptop, just unremarkable now.

I think what you and Linus are saying is you prefer that screen, but remember they aren't marketing it as a convertible, they're marketing it as a 13" ultrabook with the "infinity display" you're comparing them but the 13 isn't supposed to replace the 12 - just exist alongside for those that want it.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

I think what you and Linus are saying is you prefer that screen, but remember they aren't marketing it as a convertible, they're marketing it as a 13" ultrabook with the "infinity display" you're comparing them but the 13 isn't supposed to replace the 12 - just exist alongside for those that want it.

I'm unsure of the positioning in the lineup, but the XPS 12 is certainly in need of an upgrade, and the XPS 13 wasn't it, so I guess that's my disappointment.

You should wait a little bit to see what other Broadwell laptops get released. Or you could wait a little longer until Skylake.

Also, Linus should have a review of the XPS 13 coming soon...

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.