Buying in 10 min, stop me if wrong

spwath

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

First, I wouldn't use a combo pump/res. Tubing, fittings, and rad should be fine. But why not mount with screws instead of velcro?

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Why a 180x2mm?

Why not 240mm/280mm?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

First, I wouldn't use a combo pump/res. Tubing, fittings, and rad should be fine. But why not mount with screws instead of velcro?

Why not combo?

Velcro becauseCan't mount with screw's in my case

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You'll need some fans and some destilled water, otherwise you're good. You can add a kill coil or a few drops of PTnuke later on, but I'd definitely do it. I've personally had bad experiences with XSPC tubing (inconsistent diameter, not very flexible and gave of plasticizer after a few weeks), but that doesn't mean you'll have the same issues, as my tubing was different. I'd still recommend PrimoChill.

Oh, and combos are hard to dampen, I'd invest in some sort of foam padding so that vibrations don't get passed on to your case.

Why a 180x2mm?

Why not 240mm/280mm?

A: bigger rad space

B: case is ft05, dual 180 on bottom

You'll need some fans and some destilled water, otherwise you're good. You can add a kill coil or a few drops of PTnuke later on, but I'd definitely do it. I've personally had bad experiences with XSPC tubing (inconsistent diameter, not very flexible and gave of plasticizer after a few weeks), but that doesn't mean you'll have the same issues, as my tubing was different. I'd still recommend PrimoChill.

Oh, and combos are hard to dampen, I'd invest in some sort of foam padding so that vibrations don't get passed on to your case.

No vibrations, it will be mounted with Velcro of noise dampening foam so it's all good.

Fans, I have 2 ap181

Water, I'll get from the grocery store

Why not combo?

Velcro becauseCan't mount with screw's in my case

I avoid combos if possible because it effectively doubles the chance of failure. And as said above, you will need fans for the radiator.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I avoid combos if possible because it effectively doubles the chance of failure. And as said above, you will need fans for the radiator.

I mean, I don't really see the problem personally. It's just a bundle of a D5 Vario and a cylindrical reservoir.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

O.o I disagree with this.  I buy combos when possible.

I recommend to keep the combo if those are the parts you want.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

I mean, I don't really see the problem personally. It's just a bundle of a D5 Vario and a cylindrical reservoir.

Yeah, i dont see how it doubles chance of failure...

O.o I disagree with this.  I buy combos when possible.

I recommend to keep the combo if those are the parts you want.

OK. Ill order it from amazon now, and drive to frozencpu to get the other stuff

To me, what if the res leaks? It's happened to me, if the pump isn't insulated it could burn the pump, or worse, other components. But, different strokes for different folks.

To me, what if the res leaks? It's happened to me, if the pump isn't insulated it could burn the pump, or worse, other components. But, different strokes for different folks.

meh, ill just get the combo.

meh, ill just get the combo.

Everything is different for everyone, enjoy the LC computer :D