ATH-M50 vs m50x?

melias24

Hey guys, so i have Audio Technica ATH-PDG1's, they are great headphones, but i don't want to take them out/to friends house's/on holidays etc, as i don't want them to break, and want to keep them at home. Anyway, i had my eye on the ATH-M50's or M50x's, but i am unsure of what the difference is besides the price. Also if you can maybe recommend a good sounding headphone that's a bit cheaper that'd be good, but from what i've heard pretty sure the M50's are the best for the price point. 

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I have theses headphones and the biggest difference between the two is that the M50x has a detachable cable apart from there's not much difference. 

Also heres a review 

Detachable cable and longer lasting pads. Might as well get the M40X though, because it's cheaper than both.

If you can afford M50x then go with M50x since it has better pads, detachable cable and slightly better sounding.

If you want a cheaper price then go with M40x instead, in terms of features, sound (Better cuz it's flatter IMO, M50 has 'mid scoop' kind of thing), comfort and price, it's better than M50 except that 90° swivel feature.