Help with custom loop h440

Rorro

I currently have a PC with a h440 case, planning on upgrading as soon as I have the cash my current specs are:

I7 4770K

CXM 750 ( planning on changing to a AX1200 for future gpu upgrades with custome sleeved cords.)

evo 840 256gb ssd

1tb seagate barracuda

1600mhz ddr3 corsair vengace ram

nzxt grid + for fan controll

h80i

Planning on doing a completely custom loop for at least the cpu and hopefully the gpu my debate is in either using one or two rads and making sure it would all work perfectly together..

This is the diagram I have set for the build

EufzCmg.png

and here are the parts that are planned on being used:

Watercooling  h440

EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel CSQ (EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel (Original CSQ))   $79.99

EK Ultimate Performance CoolStream 240 XTX Series Liquid Cooling Radiator (EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (240)) $86.95

EK D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario Pump (EK-XRES 100 D5 Vario (incl. pump)) $147.99

EK G1/4 Thread Perfect Seal Compression Fitting - 10mm ID x 13mm OD (3/8" x 1/2") – Black  x 8     $ 55.00

EK CSQ G1/4 Thread 45° Fitting Adapter - Black (EK-CSQ Adapter 45° G1/4 Black) $50.00

Tygon R-3400 1/4" ID (3/8" OD) - Laboratory Tubing – Black  $15.00

EK Radeon R9-290X DCII VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel (EK-FC R9-290X DCII - Acetal+Nickel) $122.99

total: 586.93

thanks for all the help

2 is always better than 1.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

A 240mm radiator would definitely not be enough. Those R9 290x get so hot. Minimum i'd use is 360mm, but I would probably get 2 360mm radiators, and have the 2nd one on the front (thickest I could afford)

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

+1 to what @XxKINGxX40 said, Back when i was running a single gtx 780 and and my cpu on a single 360mm rad the temp difference on the card wasnt that great compared to that of air just quieter. I ordered an additional extra thick 240mm rad (same one you mentioned) and it brought the temps to a far more reasonable threshold. 

With the fact that the 290x runs hotter then that of a gtx 780 you would definitely need to have a second radiator in there no questions asked, dual 360mm is your best bet here.

+1 to what @XxKINGxX40 said, Back when i was running a single gtx 780 and and my cpu on a single 360mm rad the temp difference on the card wasnt that great compared to that of air just quieter. I ordered an additional extra thick 240mm rad (same one you mentioned) and it brought the temps to a far more reasonable threshold. 

With the fact that the 290x runs hotter then that of a gtx 780 you would definitely need to have a second radiator in there no questions asked, dual 360mm is your best bet here.

ok cool thanks for the help for now i think i might just start with the cpu as im probably going to upgrade my gpu to a 390x

ok cool thanks for the help for now i think i might just start with the cpu as im probably going to upgrade my gpu to a 390x

Yeah thats a pretty solid plan i would say, You wont have to worry about the second radiator until then

I am rocking a 240x30mm (I swear I could fit a 45mm thick with my motherboard regardless of what other outlets say but your milage may verry based on motherboard heatsinks and connectors) in the top of mine with a 360 rad in the front and the res sits higher then you have it in your diagram so it actually sits flush with the top where the front fan hole for easy filling. My pump is in the bottom as well as my 3.5 hhd. The problem with the h440 is a lot of compromises with storage have to be made the instant you start watercooling... If i did it again I would do a pump/res combo like you and 280x45mm in the top and a 360x45or60 in the front. If you really want you can do a 2 360mm rads BUT you will end up having to run one that is 30mm think and loose a fan and run then others below the rad, effectivly making it a skinny 240mm and having it cramped... if you want I can take some pics of my rig... Mine stays cool and I have 780 lightnings sli and a 3570k all overclocked mild-ish... but fans need to pick up underload...