I want to get into photography by getting a film camera and I have a couple questions.

I am pretty sure the people who still use film only do it as a gimmick (to be different). Same as people who play vinyl even though CD is far superior (assuming the same master was used for both the vinyl and CD).

I wonder if OP has decided on a camera yet. I think we can all agree that a digital camera would be best for him.

By the way, a thing to remember is that film costs far more in the long run. You have to have them developed (which costs a lot, at least where I live), you have to buy the film and most photos you take (especially in the beginning) will be crap, so you are wasting money on that. Even if a second hand film camera might be cheaper than a digital camera up front, you will most likely have spent more with the film camera within a few months of use.

I am pretty sure the people who still use film only do it as a gimmick (to be different). Same as people who play vinyl even though CD is far superior (assuming the same master was used for both the vinyl and CD).

I wonder if OP has decided on a camera yet. I think we can all agree that a digital camera would be best for him.

By the way, a thing to remember is that film costs far more in the long run. You have to have them developed (which costs a lot, at least where I live), you have to buy the film and most photos you take (especially in the beginning) will be crap, so you are wasting money on that. Even if a second hand film camera might be cheaper than a digital camera up front, you will most likely have spent more with the film camera within a few months of use.

From an artistic/creative perspective, I wouldn't call it a gimmick.  Its just a different medium like oil paints vs water color or acoustic guitars vs electric .  It has a different look and feel which not everyone will appreciate.  That said... if someone is just shooting film because it looks "hip/cool" then i would say its a gimmick.

I too am wondering if this thread helped the OP at all.  I wonder what he ended up getting, no matter if its digital or analog. 

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Interesting. The look and feel fits the subject, although I'm not convinced that film was a make or break factor.

the things that make or break a photo can be alot, im not sure why film was chosen, it might be all kind of things like A) photographer or choice B) part of the job and a factor of other things, but that is something which is hard to find out.

I too am wondering if this thread helped the OP at all.  I wonder what he ended up getting, no matter if its digital or analog. 

well i just noticed OP didn't follow this topic, so just to be sure @mustafaali61 are you still aware of this topic?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

@mustafaali61 If you just want the look of film

A short tutorial I just made.

Film Emulation in Blender "Looks":

I actually think learning on film is better than learning on digital. It's kinda like learning how to drive. If you can drive a 5 speed, you can drive anything. Similar principle. Since film is so much more expensive and you can't take an unlimited number of photo's with it, it forces you to think about what you are doing and how you are shooting it. Once you get good with film, switching to digital will just make you a really really good digital photographer. I'll admit that I don't do much photography, but I do do filmmaking. Since learning to shoot on 16mm film, I've gotten much better shooting on digital. Like I said, it forces you to stop and think about everything before you do it.