Don't worry, this is RAM related.

So I'm substanially more knowledgable about computers than my dad, and he knows this. He's selling some RAM on eBay right now and he asked me what speed it was. As I go over to take a look, he says ' Oh wait, it says on the box. 10,600MHz'.

I thought 'Okay, so either it says 1,600MHz... or the Enterprise is missing some RAM'

The best nerd moment. I thought you should know :p

I'm randomly sitting in class, playing on my laptop, when I hear a single noise come from my friends computer.

I immediately say, "Are you playing Super Mario World?" And he's like "Yeah. ... How did you know that?" And I'm like, "I heard the coin noise and instantly knew." And he was like, "Dude, you are like the nerd of nerds." And I was like, "Lol, I know."

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

When I went to fry's electronics with like 3k in my pocket in cash and told the computer section people what I wanted to buy LOL

I had like 5 people pounce on me and help me instantly, like 4 of them were running around grabbing things for me and the other was ringing me up

I was drooling at the cart lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

When my brother asked me if his 8800gt was faster than my gtx570 because the number was higher. :D

just one out of many... :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

mine was when my father asked me why the heck the mouse wasn't working. i thought it was the driver or something related to that, then i found out that he had plugged it in the ETHERNET PORT!!!

mine was when my father asked me why the heck the mouse wasn't working. i thought it was the driver or something related to that, then i found out that he had plugged it in the ETHERNET PORT!!!

is this real life o.o

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

We should start a petition to make them a different shape. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

is this real life o.o

try to plug an usb device on the ethernet port. the friction that it makes to plug in is the same has on a usb port. when i tryed that i got mind blown!!! plus it was dark and he did not looked at the side of the notebook.

is this real life o.o

Or is this just RPG? - Queen (of nerds)

Was in Best Buy to get a emergency cpu cooler.  Though I check if they have mech keyboards to try out... so I asked a couple of people if they had mechanical keyboards... err they looked at me strange like "aren't all keyboards mechanical"... then one lady said they have "gaming" keyboards... Ahhhh yes.. AKA "GAMING".  :rolleyes:

My Rigs (past and present)

This should be in general discussion. even though first post was about RAM, the topic itself isn't.

Anyways, i think one of my nerd moments were i knew what was happening in the game that my friend was playing with sounds. i was giving him instructions without looking at the screen.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

When I went to fry's electronics with like 3k in my pocket in cash and told the computer section people what I wanted to buy LOL

I had like 5 people pounce on me and help me instantly, like 4 of them were running around grabbing things for me and the other was ringing me up

I was drooling at the cart lol

-That, or you walk into a store like that, and dazzle the people that work there because they have no Idea what you're talking about, awesome :D

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

-That, or you walk into a store like that, and dazzle the people that work there because they have no Idea what you're talking about, awesome :D

I was actually surprised lol, they had everything I wanted in stock and knew wat I was talking about, only thing I didn't get was my titan, sold out so I bought one on ncix when I got home haha.   They even offered me a job there as a tech if I ever wanted, thought it was kinda cool lol XD

I was actually surprised lol, they had everything I wanted in stock and knew wat I was talking about, only thing I didn't get was my titan, sold out so I bought one on ncix when I got home haha.   They even offered me a job there as a tech if I ever wanted, thought it was kinda cool lol XD

-the dream :D

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

A year or two back when I was teasing/telling my friend that his quadfire setup of 2x 5970 could now be beaten by 2x 6990. Later this day I watched my friend go into a computer store to buy 2x 6990 graphic cards to run quadfire and when he saw the display model of a Samsung 950d in the store, he also decided to buy 3 x Samsung 950d 27inch 3d screens. This impulse buy cost him 4500$. I facepalmed myself.

Someone asked me what my pin number was. I said 1155, they didnt get it but i was laughing a lot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1