Mitx Case reccomendations

NickStorm

What is everyone's favorite small form factor mitx case? I really like the RVZ01 from Silverstone, but what do you guys think? Does anyone have experience with other SFF cases?

Edit: Forgot to add, ~$120 USD budget.

You know what's better than that? Waiting for the FTZ01. same interior design, but without the plastic chassis, an aluminum beauty.

But yeah, this design really feels ITX to me, it has a very small footprint and is very efficient with the space used. I can't stand big boxes like the Prodigy, If I want that I go mATX.

My two personal favorites are the Corsair 250D and the (not yet released) Lian Li PC-05s.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I have the node 304 now.  The EVGA Hadron Air and Hydro are also one of the smallest you can get and it includes the psu

I used to have the RVZ01 but the sfx psu was too noisy for my liking.

I have the node 304 now.  The EVGA Hadron Air and Hydro are also one of the smallest you can get and it includes the psu

I personally love the design of the Corsair 380T. If I ever go with a portable or SFF build, that would be my case. 

What is everyone's favorite small form factor mitx case? I really like the RVZ01 from Silverstone, but what do you guys think? Does anyone have experience with other SFF cases?

Do you like the long and flat cases or cube cases?

Personally I like the cube ones, and for those the Silverstone SG05 or the larger Fractal Node 304 are great choices.

"Rawr XD"

Another vote for cube style cases here but both of my recommendations are from Thermaltake:

Core V1 and Core X1

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

I really like the 380T, very portable and good looking.

Project Tomahawk:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz

GPU: Asus Strix RX 480

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Storage: 2x Western Digital 2TB Enterprise + 240GB Crucial M500 SSD

Case: Corsair Air 540

Additional: Cablemod C-Series black/red kit, SP120, AF140 and AF140 w/ red LED's all around

Project Frankenstein:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 6100

Motherboard: MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Memory: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 Mhz

GPU: MSI R9 280 3G Twin Frozr

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W

Storage: Western Digital 1TB Enterprise + 240GB Partiot Torch SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define S

Sheila (Server):

Spoiler

Dell R210:
CPU: Intel Xeon x3450

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600 Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation 

Marvin (Server)

Spoiler

Dell R210ii

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230v2

Memory: 12GB Crucial ECC 1600Mhz

Storage: Seagate 3TB Constellation

Do you like the long and flat cases or cube cases?

Personally I like the cube ones, and for those the Silverstone SG05 or the larger Fractal Node 304 are great choices.

I prefer the flatter, console-esque cases or something like the EVGA hadron, I don't like the way cube cases look.

I hope the SFX-L power supply Silverstone is producing will help with that, I'm going to look and see if there is a significant noise reduction over SFX power supplies.

Thanks to everyone else for contributing to the thread, I'm still looking at other options and will update when I make a choice.

I prefer the flatter, console-esque cases or something like the EVGA hadron, I don't like the way cube cases look.

Silverstone GD04?

"Rawr XD"

You know what's better than that? Waiting for the FTZ01. same interior design, but without the plastic chassis, an aluminum beauty.

But yeah, this design really feels ITX to me, it has a very small footprint and is very efficient with the space used. I can't stand big boxes like the Prodigy, If I want that I go mATX.

This.

But I think I'm a big Silverstone fan boy

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Silverstone GD04?

A little too large, I do like the brushed aluminum plate on the front though.

This.

But I think I'm a big Silverstone fan boy

Yeah, I think I am leaning towards just waiting for the RVZ02 or FTZ01.

A little too large, I do like the brushed aluminum plate on the front though.

Yeah, I think I am leaning towards just waiting for the RVZ02 or FTZ01.

Ft03-mini is nice too

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I am currently using the Azza Z (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517029&cm_re=azza-_-11-517-029-_-Product) and i find it is a decent case for its price.

Even though it is pretty small compared to the standard mid/full ATX cases, my temps even with air cooling are beyond acceptable. Packing a G3258 with a stock cooler, and a GTX 770 reference design card in here, my GPU stays below 80C when at 100% load, and my CPU even OC'd to 4.0 at 1.15v never exceeds 62C under LinX.

My only complaints about this case is that it's front panel feels very cheap, and it is held together with this little push-ball design that easily comes apart when you do not want it to. The cheap plastic stand that comes with it is also pretty terrible, and you are almost better off not even using it. Aside from that, it feels very sturdy, and is pleasing to the eyes. Do note, that flipping it on the side to use flat on a shelf, rather than having it stand up-right, might conflict with proper airflow. Another gripe is that this case lacks 2.5 inch mounts for SSD's, so you will have to use a 3.5 inch enclosure to properly mount your SSD's. It does allow you to use a full ATX PSU, which was a huge plus for me, as i did not have the budget to afford a gold rated SFX modular PSU at the time of my build, so being able to use a gold PSU from a previous build really saved money on the budget.

Honestly, my choice was between this case, and the RVZ01, and i am quite satisfied with my choice. I will be upgrading the case to one of my own custom design, but for the time being, it does its job fantastically. I only spent $40 when i purchased it, but it still feels like a $80 case.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

-snip-

That's an interesting case option, I like that it doesn't require an sfx power supply.

That's an interesting case option, I like that it doesn't require an sfx power supply.

I have pictures of what it looks like on the inside when fully built, if you are wanting to see what wire management might look like. Sadly, my PSU is not modular, and the cables are not thin. Still, my temps are fantastic in my opinion, and as long as you are using a card with a decent TDP (220 and below) you should be fine with this specific case with air cooling. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I like the Node 304, good build quality and relatively compact considering what it can accommodate. 

RVZ01 and the upcoming FTZ01 look nice and compact but don't really like that there're limited to SFX PSUs. It will be interesting to see if Silverstone's new SFX-L PSU runs any quieter. Personally I think the RVZ02 is ugly. 

NCase M1 looks good but it's a bit expensive for me.

I agree node 304 is great

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

I have been eyeing the Corsair 250D due to its flexibility for parts and great price point.

Another one would be the In Win 901 which in my opinion, is super sexy. It is a little big and heavy for an mitx and not very mobile , but sexy and well built nonetheless. Price is a lot higher than most cases as well.

Another one that should definitely be mentioned should be the Thermaltake Core V1 as I have heard nothing but good things around this 50$ case.

Cheers for Mitx!