Sleeved cable and heat shrink tube proper size for pciE-sized cables ?

mitsosvazelos84
Go to solution Solved by modguru,

Hi! We recommend using 1 sleeve per cable. 4MM/3MM is the best for that use. We also recommend using a heatshrink-less method for esthetics :P

Hello guys , 

I am planing on covering my pci-e (gpu) , cpu and some other (molex , sata) cables with sleeved cables and then use heat shrinks to make the end of the sleeving elegant and durable . The problem is that I have never done this before , therefore I don't know what size of cable and heat shrink tube to get . And also , how much will I need to cover these cables ? I am talking only about the visible part of the cables , not the ones hiden behind the motherboard tray .

Thank you in advance ,
mitsosvazelos84

Hello guys , 

I am planing on covering my pci-e (gpu) , cpu and some other (molex , sata) cables with sleeved cables and then use heat shrinks to make the end of the sleeving elegant and durable . The problem is that I have never done this before , therefore I don't know what size of cable and heat shrink tube to get . And also , how much will I need to cover these cables ? I am talking only about the visible part of the cables , not the ones hiden behind the motherboard tray .

Thank you in advance ,

mitsosvazelos84

I would suggest getting custom extensions made if you don'y plan to sleeve the cables all the way. As for sleeving and heat sink sizes you want 4mm sleeve for individual cables and 4mm heatshrink, ideally 3:1 shrink ratio and for sata 10mm sleeving with 

12-15 mm heatshirnk. 

IceModz and Mainframe (Lutro0customs) have a good selection and they can also make custom sleeved extension for you which I recommend since it will work well for your situation.

What about wrapping the pci-e cable with all of its cables with one sleeve ?

Yeah I know lutro , how much will it cost me to make him make theese cables ?

mitsosvazelos84

What about wrapping the pci-e cable with all of its cables with one sleeve ?

Yeah I know lutro , how much will it cost me to make him make theese cables ?

mitsosvazelos84

depends on how many cables you want - our prices are listed here : http://mainframecustom.com/product-category/custom-sleeved-extensions/

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Hi! We recommend using 1 sleeve per cable. 4MM/3MM is the best for that use. We also recommend using a heatshrink-less method for esthetics :P

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

Ok so I saw some sleeving tutorials (tank you Lutro0 :)) , and I decided to sleeve  all cables individualy . I will use 1/8 mm black sleeved cables , probably 5meters long (25ft) I think that this will be enough for what I am going to propose next sentense. To save some money , can I ask if it is possible (and practical) to sleeve only the visible part of the cables , the one on the front of my case where the mobo etc is placed ? And if not , how much sleeving will I need to sleeve my 24-pin mobo , 2x 6pin pci-e , 2x 4pin cpu , 2 sata power cables and sata(5meters would be enough for this if I go with the first and cheapest solution,am I right ?) ? If I can find a way to get the cables out of the sata power conector ... Btw my psu is non modular .

Sorry for making you fell dizy with all of theese quastions , but I am really new to this and i would like as much guidance as possible :)

Also , is anyone here willing to sleeve my cab;es for me ? and if yes , how much will it cost for the stated cables ?

Thank you for the support

mitsosvazelos84

Here is an easy way to calculate how much sleeve you will need:

How long cable*how many cables= the amount of sleeve

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

Ok so I saw some sleeving tutorials (tank you Lutro0 :)) , and I decided to sleeve  all cables individualy . I will use 1/8 mm black sleeved cables , probably 5meters long (25ft) I think that this will be enough for what I am going to propose next sentense. To save some money , can I ask if it is possible (and practical) to sleeve only the visible part of the cables , the one on the front of my case where the mobo etc is placed ? And if not , how much sleeving will I need to sleeve my 24-pin mobo , 2x 6pin pci-e , 2x 4pin cpu , 2 sata power cables and sata(5meters would be enough for this if I go with the first and cheapest solution,am I right ?) ? If I can find a way to get the cables out of the sata power conector ... Btw my psu is non modular .

Sorry for making you fell dizy with all of theese quastions , but I am really new to this and i would like as much guidance as possible :)

Also , is anyone here willing to sleeve my cab;es for me ? and if yes , how much will it cost for the stated cables ?

Thank you for the support

mitsosvazelos84

We normally do full sleeving jobs but I could tackle a half sleeving job - however cablemod has some great prices on oems if you can find one that matches your psu

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

We normally do full sleeving jobs but I could tackle a half sleeving job - however cablemod has some great prices on oems if you can find one that matches your psu

I really like the colors of the cablemod, but the wire is looks too thin and easy to break

I concluded that it would be better to sleeve the cables by my own , it will be preety fun , and , who knows , it may end up to a hoby :)

Thank you guys for the support :)