Are SDXC card's fast enough for Windows?

I have a Macbook Pro w Retina.  It's awesome, but it only has a 128 Gig ssd.  I can get a 256 Gig sd card for it to expand storage.  Would it be fast enough to support a full Windows installation on it, and dual boot with OSX?  I think this would be really cool if it could, but I don't want a slow and sluggish experience.  Thanks!

I have a Macbook Pro w Retina.  It's awesome, but it only has a 128 Gig ssd.  I can get a 256 Gig sd card for it to expand storage.  Would it be fast enough to support a full Windows installation on it, and dual boot with OSX?  I think this would be really cool if it could, but I don't want a slow and sluggish experience.  Thanks!

sd cards use usb, windows will not install on a usb device

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Oh really :(

yeah not exactly sure why, but it used to be because of sd cards where being kind of unpredictable and slow.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

yeah not exactly sure why, but it used to be because of sd cards where being kind of unpredictable and slow.

Oh well that's disappointing.  Maybe they'll change it in Windows 10?  Anyways, would it be too slow for say Ubuntu?  

sd cards use usb, windows will not install on a usb device

wat.

I have used SD cards to Live boot many times with many different operating systems on many different devices; it should work just fine... -_-

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

wat.

I have used SD cards to Live boot many times with many different operating systems on many different devices; it should work just fine... -_-

Well this is good news!  What has your experience been with it?

wat.

The experience I have had with trying to do that is with windows 7 (as a single host) on a sd card to usb, just to see if it would work, but it didn't. There are other posts that agree with me. This will work with linux and enterprise versions of windows 8.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.