Force an AMD card to do 4K @ 60hz to a TV with HDMI 2.0?

reyncor

We've been talking about this since July 2014 here and here how is it possible that there is

NOT 1 DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter,

or for that matter, how is it possible Nvidia has 3 cards in the market that can do HDMI 2.0, but

AMD has exactly zero.

Is HDMI 2.0 an expensive port with too high royalties? What am I missing, this is not how I

understand the world to work, specially the techworld.

P.S.

I can't buy Nvidia products due to their atrocious unfunded open source linux drivers...

My situation

1. I currently have a 4K Vizio P TV, 4K@60hz HDMI 2.0

( I don't recommend it as a monitor because of blurry colored text, the size is great though )

2. I have a Linux Development workflow, and I want to keep it as open source as possible

( aka no nvidia drivers )

3. I want to be able to play movies and some Steam games on Linux...

UPDATE:

In an effort to get an ATI card outputting 4k@60hz to my TV here are some nuanced ideas.

I don't know if any of these can actually work.

1. Composite Cables for 4K@60hz

2. HDMI Merger to have 4 Standard HDMI 1.3 1080p@60hz merged into one HDMI 2.0 2160p@60hz

3. AV receiver with DisplayPort IN and HDMI 2.0 out.

4. DisplayPort video recording PCI card and a GTX 960 for output to the TV's HDMI 2.0 slot

UPDATE 2:

http://www.hardware.fr/news/14040/ces-adaptateur-displayport-1-2-hdmi-2-0.html

BizLink is working on the problem... They have a prototype adapter revealed a couple weeks ago.

We've been talking about this since July 2014 here and here how is it possible that there is

or for that matter, how is it possible Nvidia has 3 cards in the market that can do HDMI 2.0, but

amd has exactly zero.

Is HDMI 2.0 an expensive port with too high royalties? What am I missing, this is not how I

P.S.

I can't buy Nvidia products due to their atrocious unfunded open source linux drivers...

I currently have

1. a 4K Vizio P TV, 4K@60hz HDMI 2.0

( I don't recommend it as a monitor because of blurry colored text, the size is great though )

2. A Linux Development environment, I want to keep it as open source as possible ( aka no nvidia drivers )

3. I want to be able to play movies and some Steam games on Linux

AFAIk display port is superior for 4k.

No it's just that AMD hasn't released any cards since HDMI 2.0 became mainstream on devices. R9 300 series will more then likely have it.

"Rawr XD"

AFAIk display port is superior for 4k.

My TV lacks Displayports... I wonder if it can do 4K@60hz with Component cables... I highly doubt it, but it would solve my problems now, instead of waiting 3-6 months for AMD to come to the rescue.

Its a Vizio P 50"

My TV lacks Displayports... I wonder if it can do 4K@60hz with Component cables... I highly doubt it, but it would solve my problems now, instead of waiting 3-6 months for AMD to come to the rescue.

That sucks , display port is a really good standard.

AMD has exactly zero.

P.S.

My situation

1. I currently have a 4K Vizio P TV, 4K@60hz HDMI 2.0

2. I have a Linux Development workflow, and I want to keep it as open source as possible

( aka no nvidia drivers )

3. I want to be able to play movies and some Steam games on Linux...

MDP to HDMI 2.0 bro

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

MDP to HDMI 2.0 bro

does not exist... I have an active dp 1.2 to hdmi 1.4 adapter, but there is none to hdmi 2.0

does not exist... I have an active dp 1.2 to hdmi 1.4 adapter, but there is none to hdmi 2.0

bummer; just assumed there would be a converter of some sort :/

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

bummer; just assumed there would be a converter of some sort :/

Precisely this post's raison d' etre. I've searched all over, I'm starting to look into more extravagant solutions.

1. Composite Cables for 4K@60hz

2. HDMI Merger to have 4 Standard hdmi 1.1 1080p@60hz merged into one HDMI 2.0 2160p@60hz

3. AV receiver with DisplayPort IN and HDMI 2.0 out.

4. DisplayPort video recording PCI card and a GTX 960 for output to the TV's HDMI 2.0 slot

Don't know if any of these ideas are currently possible.