BAcklit keyboards eyestrain

IMPERIUS

Hi!

I'm currently using my cm storm quickfire tk with its backlightning turned all the way down, its brightness set to the lowest possible. Still, is this bad for my eyes?

I know that having the brightness on the max lvl at night is not good for your eyes but I have it on the lowest lvl. This could be compared with a monitor displaying a white page on the lowest brightness, my eyes feel like that about the kb- its not too bright so I can't look at it but still visible enough.

What are your thoughts on this?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Hi!

I'm currently using my cm storm quickfire tk with its backlightning turned all the way down, its brightness set to the lowest possible. Still, is this bad for my eyes?

I know that having the brightness on the max lvl at night is not good for your eyes but I have it on the lowest lvl. This could be compared with a monitor displaying a white page on the lowest brightness, my eyes feel like that about the kb- its not too bright so I can't look at it but still visible enough.

What are your thoughts on this?

Well even at night you should be playing in a well lit room

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You probably stare at your monitor wayyyy more than you stare at your keyboard, so it doesn't seem like something you should be concerned about.

Well even at night you should be playing in a well lit room

I know but the thing is that I don't feel like my eyes are getting tired or hurt

I know but the thing is that I don't feel like my eyes are getting tired or hurt

Then you are probably fine, only you will know when you are suffering strain

Monitors will never be good for your eyes, but as long as you are not suffering

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Then you are probably fine, only you will know when you are suffering strain

Monitors will never be good for your eyes, but as long as you are not suffering

Thats true and I have my monitor on the lowest but I still think its veeeeery bright, especially at night

Thats true and I have my monitor on the lowest but I still think its veeeeery bright, especially at night

do you play with room lights on?

Mostly yes, sometimes no because I have a pretty bright light right above my head shining into my eyes. But I do use some other lights in the room

Do you? Because I certainly don't, nor do any of my friends.

It simply feels less immersive with lights on at night. (Not saying it's healthy for the eyes)

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

It simply feels less immersive with lights on at night. (Not saying it's healthy for the eyes)

Yes.. and everyone I know does haha

Even if I am gaming till 2/3am I have full lights on

See above

Yeah, thats what I don't like that idea too much but I don't want to get glasses

Have you tried to lower your monitor contrast?, in my experience it makes the image look darker and much better to use at night time.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Have you tried to lower your monitor contrast?, in my experience it makes the image look darker and much better to use at night time.

Wow it helped, thanks

I am very sensitive to light also. I bought some Gunnar Optiks and I am very happy with my purchase. Try and find some on ebay before paying full retail.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I am very sensitive to light also. I bought some Gunnar Optiks and I am very happy with my purchase. Try and find some on ebay before paying full retail.

What are they for? I know they are meant for gamers and ppl who spend a lot of time in front of pcs but what do they actually do so that they are good for your eyes?

What are they for? I know they are meant for gamers and ppl who spend a lot of time in front of pcs but what do they actually do so that they are good for your eyes?

The faint yellow tint reduces eye strain.  I don't know technical terms or scientifically how it is done, but it greatly reduces the harshness of screens.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The faint yellow tint reduces eye strain.  I don't know technical terms or scientifically how it is done, but it greatly reduces the harshness of screens.

ok, what about the colours? If you open up a blank white page, do you see the yellow colour?

ok, what about the colours? If you open up a blank white page, do you see the yellow colour?

No, not at all.  The colors aren't as good without them on obviously, but they aren't bad either.  Allow me to try and do a really ghetto example.  I will take photos of this forum, I have it standard, so its a white background.  Then I will take a picture with the glasses in front.  In the meantime, check out my Review on Gunnar Optiks

@IMPERIUS

5QsdiXk.jpg

hzWpTsL.jpg

This is a really bad example because I'm using a camera phone, and its impossible for me to get the exact same angle, focus, etc.. but this is a rough example.  It makes the brights a lot less harsh.  I don't mind it for games at all, it doesn't take away anything from the gaming experience.  It makes my eyes much less sore and fatigued.

The biggest negative about the Gunnars is how frequently they get dirty.  I would try and find some on ebay that are in good condition, no scratches, and you can try them out for cheap.  There are also some other off-brand optiks that do the similar thing.  Could look into those.

@IMPERIUS

5QsdiXk.jpg

hzWpTsL.jpg

This is a really bad example because I'm using a camera phone, and its impossible for me to get the exact same angle, focus, etc.. but this is a rough example. It makes the brights a lot less harsh. I don't mind it for games at all, it doesn't take away anything from the gaming experience. It makes my eyes much less sore and fatigued.

The biggest negative about the Gunnars is how frequently they get dirty. I would try and find some on ebay that are in good condition, no scratches, and you can try them out for cheap. There are also some other off-brand optiks that do the similar thing. Could look into those.

I dont mind the little tint. And thanks for the pics! About ebay- its not available in my country and would rather stay off of it since I somehow have the fear that something wont be ok etc.

Brands like for example?

And which model do you use?

Edit: one of my classmates has them and could borrow me them

I dont mind the little tint. And thanks for the pics! About ebay- its not available in my country and would rather stay off of it since I somehow have the fear that something wont be ok etc.

Brands like for example?

And which model do you use?

Edit: one of my classmates has them and could borrow me them

Did you read the review I linked you?

I think its Gunnar Optiks Wi-Five.

I'm not sure what the name of the off-brands are.

Did you read the review I linked you?

I think its Gunnar Optiks Wi-Five.

I'm not sure what the name of the off-brands are.

I did, mostly haha