NVidia GTX970 - Memory Allocation Bug Found

Curious, do you have Hynix or Samsung memory?

Samsung
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

does Zotac 970 cards have Hynix or Samsung memory?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

Samsung

Allegedly it's supposed to affect Hynix cards more. Who knows though? Maybe someone will put out a more useful benchmark than Nai's. Out of curiosity, do you get the same results everyone else does with Nai's benchmark?

mCYpcNj.png

Is the benchmark just a bit buggy or is it meant to be like that?

Yeah that benchmark is inconclusive at best. The 'drop off after 3.5gb' appears to happen on any card when it is run with desktop composition enabled (which can't be disabled in win8). The only results I've see where it showed full speed for the entire test were the people who ran it with the nvidia card in headless mode.

This controversy is largely based off of a completely inconclusive benchmark that is being run under a variety of different conditions by random people.

• 4 weeks later...

Im curious ... how the 2nd pool vram is still faster (linus said about 20% faster) than the system ram if you can reach more than 28GB\s (according to aida mem bench) with a good oc and a memory kit ?

Im curious ... how the 2nd pool vram is still faster (linus said about 20% faster) than the system ram if you can reach more than 28GB\s (according to aida mem bench) with a good oc and a memory kit ?

No matter what system ram the gpu v ram us much faster even if it's not 8000mhz, my question is when we overclocked the memory does it overclocked all the modules?

No matter what system ram the gpu v ram us much faster even if it's not 8000mhz, my question is when we overclocked the memory does it overclocked all the modules?

I would say yes ..

btw: the second pool isnt that fast .. i can easily reach more than 28GB\s with my dual channel kit

Yes, there is no difference in the physical vram modules, they are all gddr5 and all run at the same clockspeed.

I hope they sort this because i wanted my GPU 2 be a 970 i hope they sort it!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White