Someone might be hacking me?!?! help!?

fryingpan16
Go to solution Solved by dadasmithywinkle,

Tldr Guy might be hacking me and my friend cause we booted him for being a Douche in game.

Ok so my buddy and I were playing chivalry medieval warfare. There was a guy being a douche so I decided to start a vote to kick him. He gets kicked with 90% of the people in the server saying yes. He then rejoins the server and starts posting the city I live in and my iP address in the game chat. He also said something about checking my ping before he got kicked again. Shortly after my buddy starts lagging quite bad (we think he ddosed him) We checked his steam profile and it said he's been banned once 30 days ago for cheating, so we reported and stuff. I also got a Skype request from some random person with gamer in their profile name. (maybe him?) It was right during that time frame I got the request.

So guys I'm scared! I'm scared he might be hacking me or is going to hack me or my friend. What do I do please help

LizardSquad sells a DDOS tool and Skype displays your I.P., so he doesn't sound like that good of a hacker. Give me 5 minutes and I could do the same. He's just trying to rattle your cage.

Tldr Guy might be hacking me and my friend cause we booted him for being a Douche in game.

Ok so my buddy and I were playing chivalry medieval warfare. There was a guy being a douche so I decided to start a vote to kick him. He gets kicked with 90% of the people in the server saying yes. He then rejoins the server and starts posting the city I live in and my iP address in the game chat. He also said something about checking my ping before he got kicked again. Shortly after my buddy starts lagging quite bad (we think he ddosed him) We checked his steam profile and it said he's been banned once 30 days ago for cheating, so we reported and stuff. I also got a Skype request from some random person with gamer in their profile name. (maybe him?) It was right during that time frame I got the request.

So guys I'm scared! I'm scared he might be hacking me or is going to hack me or my friend. What do I do please help

sorry if this is the wrong spot (found the edit button on my phone too haha)

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero GPU: Asus GTX 660 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb Cooler: Corsair H60 PSU: Corsair TX750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Keyboard: Corsair K60 Mouse: Corsair M65 Monitor: AOC IPS i2367fh Audio: Sennheiser Momentum Ivory, Samson SR850s and a pair of really old speakers Phone: HTC One (M7) Consoles: Xbox One and Xbox 360

LizardSquad sells a DDOS tool and Skype displays your I.P., so he doesn't sound like that good of a hacker. Give me 5 minutes and I could do the same. He's just trying to rattle your cage.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

found edit button

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero GPU: Asus GTX 660 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb Cooler: Corsair H60 PSU: Corsair TX750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Keyboard: Corsair K60 Mouse: Corsair M65 Monitor: AOC IPS i2367fh Audio: Sennheiser Momentum Ivory, Samson SR850s and a pair of really old speakers Phone: HTC One (M7) Consoles: Xbox One and Xbox 360

With the information he says, there isn't much he can do besides denial of service. 

Lul just some script kiddy the most he will do is kick u offline for a few minutes.

Sounds like he DOXed you.

Anonymous put it best,

"Calling DDOSing hacking is like calling a 12 year old with a machine gun a precision marksman."

This is not a dox at all Lul

hacking and ddosing are miles from each other... dont worry man.. hes an idiot... not a hacker... -.-

I could execute a trace of all connections to any pc I have access too..

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Thanks guys feeling better about this now(not sarcasm) He was just talking big in the game chat so it got us a bit worried. Also I've haven't been hacked or ddosed or anything before so I just got a bit scared that he could access my documents and like listen in on my Skype calls. I start thinking of worst outcomes right away lol

Lul just some script kiddy the most he will do is kick u offline for a few minutes.

This is not a dox at all Lul

As defined by Wikipedia

f31702b5e1.png

So in fact, it is.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

As defined by Wikipedia

f31702b5e1.png

So in fact, it is.

Yeah, no it isn't. OK so technically it is but doxxing requires more than gathering 2 pieces of freely available information, to dox someone would require the doxxer to take the freely available information and use it to gather non freely available information such as their name, address, phone number, email, Skype account, IRC account etc. Publishing someone's Steam name and IP would not constitute a full dox, I doubt it'd even be considered a partial dox. More like a server admin with a grudge.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Yeah, no it isn't. OK so technically it is but doxxing requires more than gathering 2 pieces of freely available information, to dox someone would require the doxxer to take the freely available information and use it to gather non freely available information such as their name, address, phone number, email, Skype account, IRC account etc. Publishing someone's Steam name and IP would not constitute a full dox, I doubt it'd even be considered a partial dox. More like a server admin with a grudge.

Misread the OP, thought he was posting OPs address in the game chat.

As defined by Wikipedia

f31702b5e1.png

So in fact, it is.

No all that guy did was get his ip (which is super simple if u know the persons skype or are in a game with them) search google for ip locator which will show your isp and the nearest server which was clearly in his city hence why he said he posted what CITY. There is no identifiable information here besides a city which there are millions of people in.

If it was a dox it would have much more e.g Social Secuirity, Age, Full Address maybe even previous address, phone numbers, full name and in some cases family members, skype, D.O.B and would be posted online.

No all that guy did was get his ip (which is super simple if u know the persons skype or are in a game with them) search google for ip locator which will show your isp and the nearest server which was clearly in his city hence why he said he posted what CITY. There is no identifiable information here besides a city which there are millions of people in.

If it was a dox it would have much more e.g Social Secuirity, Age, Full Address maybe even previous address, phone numbers, full name and in some cases family members, skype, D.O.B and would be posted online.

If you would've read my above post you would have seen what I said. Go look.