Please don't buy a 960

I/O

I for one think it makes sense. $350 for a 970 is a lot for some people, and a lot can't afford that, or a 980. $200 price point is a lot better. Sure, a R9 280 might perform a little better, but this is a newer card, it will have all the updates required, run cooler and quieter than the AMD cards, and more efficient. There are a lot of people who don't need large 3-4GB Vram. Lots of people out there just play Dota, League, Hearthsone, and some steam games. I have a friend who basically just plays League, and is looking for a new card cause his PC can't even max out that game lol. Cards like this are perfect for a lot of people. Then you say BUT BUT for the same price you can get a few more FPS with an AMD card! I think this argument can be invalid in some cases, because if I didn't NEED more stats I wouldn't mind spending $20 more bucks on a card that runs cooler, quieter, and is supported for a very long time to come......Plus NVIDIA discontinued the 700 series, they needed something for a lower price point. I don't think the card is that bad despite that hate. Sure you can get one maybe better for similar price, but not THAT much better...and it has Maxwel's efficiency...

Depends on the games you play, if you like to play brand new triple AAA games at ultra settings 1080p  this card is a big no no.

The card for that situation will always be the 280 or 280x .

If you care only about performance like myself( coudlnt give two craps about power consumption) this inst the card for you.

The 960 costs as much as a 280x here where i live which is silly .