SteelSeries Customer Service is quite dreadful

Nexxus

Just a cautionary tail I have to RMA a headset, to be specific an H wireless.

I contacted customer service...all went well initially. It seemed they were trying to prove my ownership. Asking for DxDiag info and a screen shot of device manager. This seemed to be trying to prove ownership? because I have the headset set up with optical audio input and analog output, so if he was looking for some kinda driver info he wasn't gonna find it. Anyways. After that he asked me for a picture of my name and email on paper with the device which I went ahead and did. Then communication stopped. I waited a week and still heard nothing, Steelseries twitter also disregarded multiple attempts to contact them to have them try and sort it.

I opened another ticket and it was replied to in mire hours and they merged with my old ticket, at which point they just said ya we'll RMA it. Pay for shipping send it back blah blah blah.

Im honestly pretty pissed they didnt even make an attempt at fixing the unit (I wasn't getting any audio to the headset but the headphones were working.) or solving the problem, so not im gonna be out about $30 to ship this thing back sine they cant be bothered to troubleshoot it.

Anyways just POed and a bit of a cautionary tail for those looking at products from the company, but hey at least they are not logictech, they take the cake for personal bad customer service.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

They aren't going to waste the resources and time to troubleshoot it remotely.  RMA is usually the cheapest option for the company.

For the $30 you are out, they don't really consider that a cost that affects them, so in the long run they don't care how much effort/money the user has to go through.

thats really not that bad?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

They aren't going to waste the resources and time to troubleshoot it remotely.  RMA is usually the cheapest option for the company.

For the $30 you are out, they don't really consider that a cost that affects them, so in the long run they don't care how much effort/money the user has to go through.

True or untrue its still as far as im concerned bad customer service on their end. I dont care how much cheaper this option is, they are a multimillion dollar company, im not.

thats really not that bad?

Eh I beg to differ, There is 0 excuse for being ignored for a week just to get a reply in hours, from the same agent upon opening a new ticket. And the whole process is just outright lazyness and...bad as it was said above this is the cheapest option...great I gave you $300 for this headset, and you a multimillion dollar company, I dont give a single fuck how much cheaper the RMA is, you help your customers with troubleshooting the product they gave you money for.

I was using the headset, walked away out of range of the base came back and it no longer functioned. Is it really that difficult to give me some ideas to at least try and solve this problem? nothing is wrong with the hardware because I use the headset on my phone np, there is some kinda communication error between the base and the headset. So its not like anything needs a physical repair.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Heh, at least you got response. Acer support doesn't even bother to answer "Hello" message.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB