Need help with radioators!

relwof
Go to solution Solved by SuperPug,

Its the XTX I think

You're good then.

Edit: You seriously need to do somethign about your cable management :P

I have just built my new system and it constains a quad EKWB radiator with 4 af120 corsair fans.

I need to cool my i7 4930k, my 2 evga 980s and my Asus rampage IV black edition motherboard. Will this radiator work well enough?

I have 5 other fans in the system too, but I need to know as I have bought at 140mm radiator and it doesn't fit in the back of my corair 900D. I had one that fitted but the threads were broken and I had to send it back :(

Please helppp!!

-Tom

A single quad radiator is very unlikely to be enough to cool that much hardware to a respectable level (by water cooling standards that is) I would imagine you would be well within safe operating temperatures (i would be more surprised if you werent) but it wont leave you much if any headroom to overclock

Hello, Tom.

I think, 1 quad + 1 dual 140mm should be enough. I guess, you've mounted quad radi in bottom, so you should have space in front of case for one 280 mm radi.

EDIT: can u please provide a photo, it would be easier to help.

How thick is the rad?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Hello, Tom.

I think, 1 quad + 1 dual 140mm should be enough. I guess, you've mounted quad radi in bottom, so you should have space in front of case for one 280 mm radi.

EDIT: can u please provide a photo, it would be easier to help.

I just would like to know if the quad rad will be enough as the 140 doesn't fit in the case :(

I just would like to know if the quad rad will be enough as the 140 doesn't fit in the case :(

xToFxREAPER said everything correctly.

It's better to add dual 140mm or even tripple radi in front to have quiet performance and headroom for overclock.

About 8 cm (the quad)

Which radiator is it exactly? Coolstream PE? Coolstream XTX? If you have the slim 480 you will be within safe temp range but probably wont get the overclocking headroom you'd expect from a custom loop. If you have one of the thicker rads you'll be perfectly fine. I personally would add another 240 or 280 just so the 900D doesnt look so empty :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

So my thick quad rad will be able to cool

my motherboard

my cpu

my two GTX 980s

-Tom

post-39416-0-43511800-1421858262_thumb.j

post-39416-0-43511800-1421858262_thumb.j

Which radiator is it exactly? Coolstream PE? Coolstream XTX? If you have the slim 480 you will be within safe temp range but probably wont get the overclocking headroom you'd expect from a custom loop. If you have one of the thicker rads you'll be perfectly fine. I personally would add another 240 or 280 just so the 900D doesnt look so empty :P

Its the XTX I think

Its the XTX I think

You're good then.

You haven't seen my cases inside lol :D

It really makes people frustrated about cable management. There isn't any I mean.

You haven't seen my cases inside lol :D

It really makes people frustrated about cable management. There isn't any I mean.

Oh, don't worry =D I removed a GPU so there was GPU cables evereywhere =D