Why dont people make deus ex HD remaster

zappian

I want a proper deus ex HD remaster , i dont get why these game devs remake every single game that doesnt need a remake.

For example sleeping dogs got a "remastered version" that looked the same as the original pc version and ran at 30 fps on the consoles.

If people are willing to spend the time on such a vapid remaster , why arent games like thief and deus ex , arguably one of the most important

games ever remade with a new engine.

Eidos montreal could port the old deus ex to the new human revolution engine and it would sell like hot pancakes.

It would be less effort than making a brad new game thats for sure.

You mean the Deus Ex* people make a remastered version.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

SNIP

Because the sleeping dogs "remastered" version required very little work and they are only worried about £££

I bet they would utterly fuck up Deus Ex, it would need more than an HD upscale, it would require remaking everything in the game from scratch, all player models textures, physics etc etc etc

they may aswell just work on a new Deus Ex

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You mean the Deus Ex* people make a remastered version.

Yeah i should have changed the title to eidos montreal.

Because the sleeping dogs "remastered" version required very little work and they are only worried about £££

I bet they would utterly fuck up Deus Ex, it would need more than an HD upscale, it would require remaking everything in the game from scratch, all player models textures, physics etc etc etc

they may aswell just work on a new Deus Ex

I was thinking of something like the resident evil game cube remake , same game but on a different engine and way better graphics.

They kept the soul of that game just with new graphics.

It would take less time that a new deus ex game because they already have a lot of stuff made from that game ,dialog ,design docs , concept art , models , audio effects  music etc..

I'm sure there are plenty of good mods for the game though, if you're really wanting some fancy textures :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Yeah i should have changed the title to eidos montreal.

I was thinking of something like the resident evil game cube remake , same game but on a different engine and way better graphics.

They kept the soul of that game just with new graphics.

It would take less time that a new deus ex game because they already have a lot of stuff made from that game ,dialog ,design docs , concept art , models , audio effects  music etc..

A new engine would still need new models making etc

For example the remake of resident evil was apparently 70% new work, so its 70% a completely new game, they may aswell just make a new game

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

For example the remake of resident evil was apparently 70% new work, so its 70% a completely new game, they may aswell just make a new game

70% new work is less than 100 %.

Do you realized how much a decent remaster of deus ex would sell?

More than human revolution i would wager.

I'm sure there are plenty of good mods for the game though, if you're really wanting some fancy textures  :)

Yeah but i was thinking of something in the vain of deus ex 1 on the new human revolution engine.

For god sakes eidos wasted money on deus ex the fail when they could have been remaking deus ex 1 the whole time.

Yeah but i was thinking of something in the vain of deus ex 1 on the new human revolution engine.

For god sakes eidos wasted money on deus ex the fail when they could have been remaking deus ex 1 the whole time.

I liked HR

it's a monumental amount of work. Not comparable to What was done recently with games like metro and sleeping dogs which were not that old to begin with. Also most devs would rather spend that time making original content, which is a Good thing.

it's a monumental amount of work. Not comparable to What was done recently with games like metro and sleeping dogs which were not that old to begin with. Also most devs would rather spend that time making original content, which is a Good thing. 

True , i still think it would be the best  thing since sliced bread and would sell a ton.

Because rehashed content is rehashed content?  Use the IP but at least make something original from it

I just wish they do an even better job with the upcoming title(s), making all the universe feel more alive. Human Revolution is amazing imho, but there are some flaws. Through music, story, dialog and cutscenes, the ambient the game creates feels emotional, tense, epic, but the game itself was a bit far from that. If they can do that I don't even care about a remake.

Anyway, in general, I know what you mean, not only Deus Ex and Thief, there are alot of games worth remastering... and then there is Metro Last Light Redux, a remake of a 1 year old game...

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Anyway, in general, I know what you mean, not only Deus Ex and Thief, there are alot of games worth remastering... and then there is Metro Last Light Redux, a remake of a 1 year old game...

Exactly those are the games that diserve a remastering the most.