Help/input for custom case/desk buid.

sean.mcm.3

So i have long wanted todo a custom desk build with an inbuilt pc and now with a good mate of mine who is moving to my city who is also a qualified and very good cabinet maker/joiner will sure make the process easier.

Now to choose the components. This hobbie build will take place over a year or less ish....

Now choosing a mobo, would you recommend going with 1150 or 2011-3

I was leaning more towards the 2011-3 for the "future proof" option.

Cpu will depend on the mobo i get either an i7 4690k or whatever the bees knees is for the 2011-3 ( that price tho :/ )

Remember this will be a long term hobbie so would it be wize to buy the mobo/cpu last when costs go down?

GPU will be a 970 or 980..... maybe sli 970's or unless AMD bring out some sicko 390's or something, will see.

Probly DDR4 and will probly buy it last as price should be cheaper buy the time i have built most of the desk??

And then your usal ssd's and HDD.

I will probly kick this project in to action around the end of feb/start of march once i have moved houses ( with my joiner mate ) and can measure up the space i can use.

Now i have built about 5 pc's over the last year or two. 3 Intell builds 2 AMD builds all with great success. Some builds had AIO water cooling but for this desk build i would like todo my own custom loop for the GPU/S and CPU but i have never delved into the world of custom loops.

So i geuss i will need some practise building custom loops so where would i start??

I would like to do acrylic tubing as it sexy as FCUK and i have access to acrlic tubing thru work.... not sure if its the correct size ( thickness ) tho, i also use heat guns at work rather often so i have that sorted.

So i should be able to practise rather cheaply at heating and bending acrylic tubing, maybe ill get my mate to make up some right angle blocks and what not so i have a block to bend acrylic around.

What are your thoughts opinions or inputs?? that would help me get this project started.