ASUS X99-E WS VRM and PCH Waterblocks EK Petition

I thought I'd start a thread for this topic in the interest of catching the attention of owners of this motherboard, or anyone who plans on purchasing this board, interested in better cooling. Despite the fact that watercooling your motherboard's VRM and PCH isn't an absolute must as I'm sure you're all aware, it can offer a tangible boost to overclocking stability and board lifespan that I'm sure owners of this board would enjoy. There are a lots people over on the X99-E WS owners thread on OCN and elsewhere who wish EK would make waterblocks for this beautiful board.

Seeing as how EK made a full set of waterblocks for the ASUS X79 Z9PE-D8 Workstation motherboard, I see no reason why they wouldn't design a set for this much more popular, mainstream board. I'm aware of the fact that a considerable amount of research and development is required to develop such a product, which is exactly why I've written up this petition - to prove to EK that there's enough interest to make it worth their while.

Please consider voting for my (our) idea: http://thinkcell.ekwb.com/idea/waterblocks-for-asus039s-x99-e-ws-motherboard/

Click the + on the page and sign-in through Facebook if you don't have/want and EK ThinkCell account. Much appreciated.

I don't think starting a petition isn't going to make them make the product if there's no market for it. (Or an extremely small one)

They have to spend thousands of dollars & lots of man hours to develop products like this, if they only sell 10 they're definitely not going to cover their costs.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Maybe its because WS stands for WorkStation, and they arent normally water cooled?

The vast majority of people I've seen with this board haven't been using it as such.  They've been using it in their gaming builds as an alternative to the RVE (because really, red and black again ASUS?).  Also, I mentioned how they made blocks for that obscure multi-CPU ASUS workstation board - and last time I checked, no one is OCing Xeons very much outside of a little FSB...

The vast majority of people I've seen with this board haven't been using it as such.  They've been using it in their gaming builds as an alternative to the RVE (because really, red and black again ASUS?).  Also, I mentioned how they made blocks for that obscure multi-CPU ASUS workstation board - and last time I checked, no one is OCing Xeons very much outside of a little FSB...

Its possible that was a trial or it was a board that the overclockers liked and they did it to set some records.

Its possible that was a trial or it was a board that the overclockers liked and they did it to set some records.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/motherboard-blocks/full-board-blocks/intel-x79/ek-fb-kit-asus-z9pe-d8-acetal-nickel.html

Not a trial - a commercially available product like anything else - and again, seeing as there's no multi-i7 support on such a board, they'd be using Xeons.  Xeons are essentially un-overclockable.  Stock clocks and voltages means low temps.  Waterblocks for a board like this, especially seeing as there are a good amount of people using it over the RVE for aesthetic purposes, makes a lot more sense.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/motherboard-blocks/full-board-blocks/intel-x79/ek-fb-kit-asus-z9pe-d8-acetal-nickel.html

Not a trial - a commercially available product like anything else - and again, seeing as there's no multi-i7 support on such a board, they'd be using Xeons.  Xeons are essentially un-overclockable.  Stock clocks and voltages means low temps.  Waterblocks for a board like this, especially seeing as there are a good amount of people using it over the RVE for aesthetic purposes, makes a lot more sense.

Maybe it was a trial to see if companys where interested in doing water cooled systems.

I dont know, but for them to do a water block for a motherboard, so must they expect to get something in return.

I don't think starting a petition isn't going to make them make the product if there's no market for it. (Or an extremely small one)

They have to spend thousands of dollars & lots of man hours to develop products like this, if they only sell 10 they're definitely not going to cover their costs.

I have to agree. Starting a petition for a small market isn't a good idea from a cost and development standpoint.

I really don't think it does, all the blocks are CNC'd, you can just put a different design in the mill and it will produce that block.

And they would almost certainly sell more than 10 if they released a unique waterblock for a motherboard fairly popular among big expensive builds, the type that would be watercooled.

The point of Thinkcell as far as I know is to bring up things like this. The "clean" design is a great example of that.

One thing to point out to the OP is that it may be worth emailing EK. They specifically ask for emails for product proposals: http://www.ekwb.com/company/vision-mission/

Also as this is a thread about EK, may be worth tagging EK Luc.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I really don't think it does, all the blocks are CNC'd, you can just put a different design in the mill and it will produce that block.

And they would almost certainly sell more than 10 if they released a unique waterblock for a motherboard fairly popular among big expensive builds, the type that would be watercooled.

The point of Thinkcell as far as I know is to bring up things like this. The "clean" design is a great example of that.

One thing to point out to the OP is that it may be worth emailing EK. They specifically ask for emails for product proposals: http://www.ekwb.com/company/vision-mission/

Also as this is a thread about EK, may be worth tagging EK Luc. 

I appreciate the supportive words. I will email them and see what they have to say. Also, how would I go about tagging EK Luc? Or did you just do that in your post?

Also, how would I go about tagging EK Luc? Or did you just do that in your post?

I already did it. But in the future, typing "@username"  tags the person with that username.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Hate to pop the bubble here, but I know there are no plans for this in the current EK project timeline.

I would still say go ahead and email them politely but unless you have a good number (100+) who commit to buy, this is likely not happening.

Like VSG said, the Asus WS isn't in our plans.

Making blocks for the Z9PE-D8 was more to see if something like the EVGA SR line-up was going to pop with the Asus board and it didn't.

While there might be a bunch of people who decided to go with the WS over the RVE in terms of color scheme, the number of RVE sales over the WS is not comparable.

There was already someone on thinkcell who asked for blocks for this board if I remember correctly, but feel free to e-mail EK.

That's too bad.  It surprises me that something like the G1 Sniper 5 got a block with 21 votes when this has more than triple and still isn't even in consideration.

Lots of support for the WS blocks in the comments here as well: http://thinkcell.ekwb.com/idea/asus-rampage-5-extreme-deluxe-ws-monoblock

I appreciate your response and I will email EK to see what they have to say about it.

Mostly to do with the G1 Sniper already being in their plans. To be honest, I think Thinkcell hasn't been doing much for a while now. I don't blame EK for this but I would rather see them take it down than leave a half chance at a fool's hope.