PC Shuts down for no reason

Evostatic343

so i have 2 780tis and a 4770k in a custom loop with a hugely overkill 1500w psu. when ever i go into tripple or dual surround and put the gpus under load my computer shuts down and i get an antisurge protection warning. ive individually tested the gpus with "msi kombuster lakes of titan x64" stress test and they both just keep going both in sli on one screen or just by themselves. but as soon as i try to run them in surround it crashes. any ideas?

i have used benchmarking software just to simulate a consistant load on my gpus. the same thing happens when i am playing sim racing(assetoCorsa)

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

bad caps in the PSU?

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

bad caps in the PSU?

just got new psu

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

What are you using for your three monitors? For running three monitors you generally need one active adapter,

elaborate?

Have you configured surround in Nvidia Control Panel?

yes of course

this is a new problem. idk what caused it

What is the model of your psu? I used to have a corsair psu and it starts to have problems 1 week later...

elaborate?

I'm not positive if this applies to people not using adapters but I have three monitors and for surround to work I needed to get an active adapter.

Here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Plated-DisplayPort-Adapter/dp/B00EDT0072/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1421549712&sr=1-1&keywords=displayport+active+adapter&pebp=1421549710200&peasin=B00EDT0072

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TBNRunity/saved/#savedbuild_1797964

By the way my previous psu (the one that had issues after 1 week) was a corsair AX860i PSU which isn't a 1500w one...

I'm not positive if this applies to people not using adapters but I have three monitors and for surround to work I needed to get an active adapter.

Here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Plated-DisplayPort-Adapter/dp/B00EDT0072/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1421549712&sr=1-1&keywords=displayport+active+adapter&pebp=1421549710200&peasin=

no because it used to work

By the way my previous psu (the one that had issues after 1 week) was a corsair AX860i PSU which isn't a 1500w one...

ive had an ax1500i brand new for a day

i upgraded from my be quiet 1200w because i thought it was the problem

Well at first I had rma'd the first ax860i then the second one had noises 1 week later then I went to changed it into a cooler master v700

i upgraded from my be quiet 1200w because i thought it was the problem

So you mean you have problems since your be quiet 1200w psu?

Maybe try to turn off anti surge protection(if possible) and see what happens

Did you recently change any other hardware or overclocked your stuff?

I think your imports are messed up. You got a new PSU so you took apart your computer and moved it away from the monitors I assume? Unplugging them and plugging them back into probably not the same slots? Try shuffling the output slots.... I know a single 700 series card requires an active adapter to change Display port to Dvi, but I don't know if you need that in an sli setup.... 

I think your imports are messed up. You got a new PSU so you took apart your computer and moved it away from the monitors I assume? Unplugging them and plugging them back into probably not the same slots? Try shuffling the output slots.... I know a single 700 series card requires an active adapter to change Display port to Dvi, but I don't know if you need that in an sli setup.... 

no it was happening b4 i changed the psu