Best Tubing Size , Barbed or Compression Fittings ?

Hi,

I'm new to water cooling and i was wondring what type of tubing is best for water cooling (inner diameter and outer diameter).

And which one is better, Barbed or Compression fittings ?

Most common tubing sizes in custom waterloops are probably 3/8" ID and 1/2" ID. Really up to you what you prefer.

But the bigger / thicker the tubing, the harder to make tight turns [i am using 1/2" and sometimes I was really busy making a tight turn work]

Compression fittings look better, and are a very safe way to secure your tubing, I'd go with those.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

It was my understanding that after 1/4 inch the difference is negligible. 

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

That was quick , 

Any recommendation for fittings , best brand ?? 

That was quick , 

Any recommendation for fittings , best brand ?? 

For fittings, everyone seems to use Bitpowers (Compression Fittings)

Also, Comic Sans?... Really? View this link - Here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5435-watercooling-faq-some-basic-qa/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1755-water-cooling-101-a-good-place-for-newbies-to-start/

I would check those out, they will probably answer most of your questions.

And @Scia kinda hit the nail on the head

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

tubing: whatever you like as long as it's about $2.50+ a foot, good quality then
fittings: compression, whatever company makes the style you like best.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Most common tubing sizes in custom waterloops are probably 3/8" ID and 1/2" ID. Really up to you what you prefer.

But the bigger / thicker the tubing, the harder to make tight turns [i am using 1/2" and sometimes I was really busy making a tight turn work]

Compression fittings look better, and are a very safe way to secure your tubing, I'd go with those.

This.

Your tubing size will not affect your temps. 

Compressions look better (imo), but just be careful tightening them. If you tighten them too much (like excessive use of a wrench/pliers), it will cut the tubing. But that's an extreme, as long as you don't go too crazy with it, you should be good.

Bitpowers for fittings.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.