i need help with memory ram concepts

Hi every body that are reading this post.

im building a "Gaming" pc and I want to use for editing videos too but right now I don't know what memory ram is better for me.

i acepts advice about my components list too.

My Components

Motherboard: MSI Computer ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-GAMING 9 ACK

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache

Power Supply : Cooler Master V750 - Compact 750W 80 PLUS Gold Modular PSU (SLI/CrossFire Ready)

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower USB 3.0 Gaming Case - Red

SSD: Intel 520 Series Solid-State Drive 120 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch

Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i

And so i was thinking in 

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 Mhz

i like too: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1866 Mhz

I would like  know witch one is better for gaming 

because latency and mhz are different in order of what you want, i want nice gaming experience, stable system and nice performance.

I hope you can help me, thanks you.

Don't get an MSI card, it's a bad idea

and I would recommend a GTX 970 anyways

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

RAM latency and frequency is almost negligible while gaming

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Don't get an MSI card, it's a bad idea

and I would recommend a GTX 970 anyways

Can you tell me why is bad idea? please thanks for answer

I like what you got. I would change the following

Motherboard: Personal preference is AsRock or Asus.  All the motherboard companies are decent and good, it boils down to the bios features, bencharks, and as Luke and linus show. the placement of fan headers as well as the front i/o connectors. 

HDD: You can skip that put the money into something else. I wouldnt go with blue. I would go with the enterprise edition, they are better set up for raid, you buy into a different type of service and overall I like them for those reasons. 

Case: I'm a corsair person for cases, So for me its corsair, cooler master, specific antec cases and maybe a few others. None the less. cases boil down to airflow, space, and ample enough room for wire management. 

SSD: Get an Intel 730 series, Samsung 850 or the 850 pro 256 gb... the 850 pro has a 10 year warranty, the 850 a 5 year warrnty, the 840 evo has a 3 year warrnty, the intel 730 is standard 5 year warranty.. It boils down to price and company. 

Depending on the purchase: CES 2015 Just annouced the new coolers for corsair.. so there is that. I DO love the h100i.. its a great choice. 

Memory: stick with the 1866mhz.. Linus has a video on where your platue at on the speed of ram. anything over 2.1 isn't really needed UNLESS you're going to be doing some serious video editing. then yes. more speed is better. 

Power supply: Cooler master okay ... I've used the silent editions, and OCZ i really love the corsair hm series. they come with 7 year warranty.. for that price you pay from them.. that's a well done guarantee. 

And yes, go with a GTX graphics card.. I got lucky and got the superclocked ACX 780ti 3gb/s 384 bit.. I chose it because of the 3g and the 384bits. Other than that. i would look at the clock speeds as well as transfer speeds.  make sure its 2gb/s or higher though. :)_

pcpartpicker.com is going to be a great help. 

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

Can you tell me why is bad idea? please thanks for answer

they're customer support is horrendous and they just don't treat customers well

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I like what you got. I would change the following

Motherboard: Personal preference is AsRock or Asus.  All the motherboard companies are decent and good, it boils down to the bios features, bencharks, and as Luke and linus show. the placement of fan headers as well as the front i/o connectors. 

HDD: You can skip that put the money into something else. I wouldnt go with blue. I would go with the enterprise edition, they are better set up for raid, you buy into a different type of service and overall I like them for those reasons. 

Case: I'm a corsair person for cases, So for me its corsair, cooler master, specific antec cases and maybe a few others. None the less. cases boil down to airflow, space, and ample enough room for wire management. 

SSD: Get an Intel 730 series, Samsung 850 or the 850 pro 256 gb... the 850 pro has a 10 year warranty, the 850 a 5 year warrnty, the 840 evo has a 3 year warrnty, the intel 730 is standard 5 year warranty.. It boils down to price and company. 

Depending on the purchase: CES 2015 Just annouced the new coolers for corsair.. so there is that. I DO love the h100i.. its a great choice. 

Memory: stick with the 1866mhz.. Linus has a video on where your platue at on the speed of ram. anything over 2.1 isn't really needed UNLESS you're going to be doing some serious video editing. then yes. more speed is better. 

Power supply: Cooler master okay ... I've used the silent editions, and OCZ i really love the corsair hm series. they come with 7 year warranty.. for that price you pay from them.. that's a well done guarantee. 

And yes, go with a GTX graphics card.. I got lucky and got the superclocked ACX 780ti 3gb/s 384 bit.. I chose it because of the 3g and the 384bits. Other than that. i would look at the clock speeds as well as transfer speeds.  make sure its 2gb/s or higher though. :)_

pcpartpicker.com is going to be a great help. 

Helpful, thanks for your time, giving me those advices.

You're welcomed. 

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon