Would Mushkin 993988 16GB Quad Channel work in the Asus M5A99X

Go to solution Solved by Priller,

Yes but chances are you will only get it to work at 1600mhz or slightly higher.

FX's IMCs prefer 2 sticks instead of 4. With 4 sticks of ram I could manage just short of 1800mhz with 32GBs or ram which isnt bad but with just two of those stick I've gone out to 2239mhz with the same 1866 ram.

TLDR. Yes it will work. Dont plan on overclocking it very far unless you get lucky with the CPU IMC.

Hi, I'm wondering if Mushkin 993988 16GB Quad Channel RAM will work in the Asus M5A99X motherboard, I have looked in the manual and it does support quad channel RAM but doesn't mention this RAM, do you think it would work?

Thanks

FX's IMCs prefer 2 sticks instead of 4. With 4 sticks of ram I could manage just short of 1800mhz with 32GBs or ram which isnt bad but with just two of those stick I've gone out to 2239mhz with the same 1866 ram.

TLDR. Yes it will work. Dont plan on overclocking it very far unless you get lucky with the CPU IMC.

Thank you I wasn't planning on OC'ing my RAM it's just really cheap at the moment and I need some new ram to replace my crappy 8GB 1333MHz, Again thanks