Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980 - High Idle Temps

I havent tried to OC the card at all yet, but while its stable, its reporting temperatures a good 10-15 degrees higher than sources online at idle. It sounds like I should be getting 35-40 degree C, but my cards running at 50 looking at the desktop. Running the heaven benchmark Im hitting ~75 at the end of it. My ambient temperature is 25ish degree C, running a 3770k that I put back at stock (3.5 ghz) until I can figure this out, a Gigabyte z77 ud3h board, and a corsair RM750 PSU. It shouldnt matter, but I bought the card from NCIX, maybe it got damaged in shipping or something? Other than the temperatures, all seems normal its getting roughly the same 3d mark as non-OCd 980 g1s should.

Edit: Bit more information, running 2 monitors, one at 60hz, and the other at 144hz.

Idle temps don't mean anything unless they're something like in the 60s. Load temps are what matters.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What case are you running? Sounds like the temps inside the case are higher than they should be

Idle temps don't mean anything unless they're something like in the 60s. Load temps are what matters.

Idle temps do mean a lot.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Its a cheap Zalman (z5 I think?), would this be the issue? I have an Enthoo Pro on backdoor atleast, would that push the temps down a little and allow for some overclocking?

How many monitors are you running? My idle jumps from 25 to 50 from 1-3 monitors

2 monitors, an old HP one at 60hz, and a Philips one at 144hz.

2 monitors, an old HP one at 60hz, and a Philips one at 144hz.

Try unplugging one and see if your idles drop.

Unfortunately the idles didnt drop at all from unplugging the 144hz monitor. I did manually set the fans on the GPU to 100% just to see if there was an issue with the automatic mode, and even at a 100% fan speed the idle temp evens out at 38 degree C. Since its an open-air style cooler, this probably means the ambient temperature inside the case is too high, yes?

I'm not too sure how reviewers managed to get the temps they did, but my GTX 970 G1 has the exact same problem with temps (except for no overclocking stability).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Might just be a bad card my G1 runs 32-40c idle and in games never goes above 80. 

My oc is 

Core 100 mhz

Memory 200 mhz

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of case/cooling are you running Cooper? I think that might be one of the factors involved.