Replacing my broken headphones, which to replace them.

Vexeer

First of all as you all like, I shall add what i'm looking for: Headset with a microphone, alright quality (I'm not an audiophile), good price for what you recieve. Wireless is a nice bonus but it is NOT NECESARY, if it affects the price or what I get hugely, then it is not required.

My current headset: Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Wrath

I enjoyed using them, they were comfortable, sound was pretty decent, wireless signal was strong enough for me and the microphone quality was good.

What headset I currently see: HyperX Cloud 

These seem like a good price for what I recieve, at £60 don't seem too bad

Extra points:

Willing to discuss other headphones and models as i'm looking for advice here.

Please keep the pricing to £ as converting prices does not work, extra value is added than just the direct currency conversion.

Thanks for any approaching help.

SNIP

for that budget the cloud is the only decent headset worth recommending

if you can afford more, then headphones and standalone microphone are the way to go

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

for that budget the cloud is the only decent headset worth recommending

if you can afford more, then headphones and standalone microphone are the way to go

@ShadowCaptain

Using tag quotes as it seems to be common practice around here :S

Currently, the HyperX Cloud is £55 from what I can see, that seems pretty decent in my eyes.

I am willing to go up to a maximum of around £90 though, my main issue which is somewhat annoying is that I need a mic included headset, then i'll purchase a dedicated mic in the future.

A lot of reccomendations i've seen really support the HyperX Cloud, so they must have done something quite well with them to make them stand out -, out of curiosity, is this the standard version of the headset or the Pro?- EDIT - Pro version isn't even available yet, so ignore that

How about those. Too pricy? If yes, get the clouds or the clouds II.

That £170 is unfortunately out of my range, around £90 is my max budget. Although they do look great

That £170 is unfortunately out of my range, around £90 is my max budget. Although they do look great

They cost 170 Euros, so ~125£... Still pretty expensive, but i am just saying :P

I will encourage you get the Clouds, if you go much higher you also go MUCH higher in price for a good setup.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

They cost 170 Euros, so ~125£... Still pretty expensive, but i am just saying :P

doenst always work that way, sometimes they are more expensive in the UK

converting the currency doenst always make the costs the same as from a UK store

@ShadowCaptain

Using tag quotes as it seems to be common practice around here :S

Currently, the HyperX Cloud is £55 from what I can see, that seems pretty decent in my eyes.

sure is :)

If you were looking at say £100 you could get a mod mic £40 and some £60 headphones

mod imid

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-041-AL

£60 headphones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Ergonomic-Closed-Back-Headphones-Compatibility-Black/dp/B005N8W1Q0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421320326&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+429

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

He did say not to convert the prices....

but to answer the question I really like the G930's

converting the currency doenst always make the costs the same as from a UK store

Oh, didn't know that. I saw that he mentioned not to convert the prices, but i didn't actually understood it doens't work that way... (i've bought things from UK and the price was converted in euros, so i though it would be the same for UK)

Oh, didn't know that. I saw that he mentioned not to convert the prices, but i didn't actually understood it doens't work that way... (i've bought things from UK and the price was converted in euros, so i though it would be the same for UK)

yeah it works that way, like if he bought the headset from Greece, it would be a currency convert (+ tax and delivery etc)

but UK store prices are often higher in ££ 

@theodoro

Yeah unfortunately it does somewhat suck with how the pricing happens, something that may cost for example $100, converted is about £66, but in the UK there's VAT so it's price actually ends around £90, doesn't scale very nicely for us :(

sure is :)

If you were looking at say £100 you could get a mod mic £40 and some £60 headphones

mod imid

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-041-AL

£60 headphones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Ergonomic-Closed-Back-Headphones-Compatibility-Black/dp/B005N8W1Q0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421320326&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+429

@ShadowCaptain

First time i've actually seen the mod mic, and it looks quite honestly, very interesting. How is the quality on that microphone particularly in comparison with the stock mic that would be on the clouds? As I think the most common sense way now would be to compare these two as a combo against the clouds. To figure out if the price increase would be worth the improovement. Also in comparison how would the audio from the sennheiser be, although I do know sennheiser tend to have better audio than quite a few headsets.

I will encourage you get the Clouds, if you go much higher you also go MUCH higher in price for a good setup.

@SirRoderick

I'm definately going to keep the clouds for comparison now, as they are a very popular choice here it seems, which must be for a good reason.

SNIP

you have not been watching enough Linus videos

mod mic sounds great, the mic on the cloud is not that amazing and the headphones will sound better than the cloud

also you can buy extra plates so that you can use it across multiple headphones, or when you upgrade your cans!!!

not going to replace a desktop/studio mic, but its as good as any decent headset