From desktop to notebook

darkvizer

I'm changing from a desktop to a notebook so I'm looking for something with good performance:

• Windows OS
  • i7 4th generation (best above 4700 series right)
  • 256-512GB SSD (I dont use a lot of space, 180GB storage curently)
  • +-16GB RAM (is DDR4 avaible?)
  • 13-17'' screen
  • I dont bother too much for massive GPU, but something that changes from dedicated to integrated would be good
  • WIFI 802.11 AC dual band (is there something better?)
  • It must be cheaper than U$2.000 (the cheaper the better actualy)

And more

• I live in Brazil (very hot place) so it needs a good cooling sistem
  • I would preffer something light and with good battery (but I know with this specs is hard)
  • I would preffer a nom-custom laptop (known brand, because I dont know how to upgrade or repair hardware or anithing else by the way :P)

Should I go for a Workstation, Ultrabook or Gaming Laptop? Any suggestions or recomendations?

Thank you very much!

just find any notebook with a 970m or something

maxwell= more power and heat efficient

maxwell= better coolung

maxwell= better battery

maxwell= lyfe

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Gaming laptop for sure. I would check out the asus g751jz

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

what about the msi gt70 ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I was cheking the Asus G750JX and also consider the MSI GT70 among others, I have currently about 40 laptops that fit more or less my discription so thats why I'm lost. There are some gaming from Digital Storm, Asus, Alienware,  Gigabyte, Chilblast, MSI, Toshiba Qosmio, HP Folio, Ultrabooks like lenovos thinkpads, Asus zenbook, Vaio and Worktations like Dell M series. I´m just lost in this big mess :(

What do you want to do with the machine, OP?

OP= Over Power?

I want it to last for a long time, its not every time I get the chance to go to the US, in Brazil the prices are OP :lol:

OP= Over Power?

I want it to last for a long time, its not every time I get the chance to go to the US, in Brazil the prices are OP :lol:

OP in this case means "original poster". I was asking what you wanted to do with the machine. Is it a renderer? Do you just want to game? What kind of games is it?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

oook hahaha

I browse the web a lot with tons of tabs open buffering online movies, youtube, flash anmations, etc.

I use sometimes engineering aplications like AutoCAD and arena.

Since Im buying a good laptop I might even go back to playing games (Like Skirim for the first time!)

Also just a bit of video reemdering.

I guess I'm looking for a faster computer overall, I'm sick of laging

oook hahaha

I browse the web a lot with tons of tabs open buffering online movies, youtube, flash anmations, etc.

I use sometimes engineering aplications like AutoCAD and arena.

Since Im buying a good laptop I might even go back to playing games (Like Skirim for the first time!)

Also just a bit of video reemdering.

I guess I'm looking for a faster computer overall, I'm sick of laging

Is your budget $2000 US?

Does it count shipping, or can you use all the budget on the laptop?

Do you mind getting a laptop from a brand you've likely never heard of before, taking my word that they perform perfectly well?

Do you need a DVD drive?

Do you care if the parts are integrated (CPU and GPU) or do you prefer them to be socketed?

How heavy is too heavy? What is your preferred laptop size? 15.6" or 17.3"?

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Is your budget $2000 US?

Does it count shipping, or can you use all the budget on the laptop?

Do you mind getting a laptop from a brand you've likely never heard of before, taking my word that they perform perfectly well?

Do you need a DVD drive?

Do you care if the parts are integrated (CPU and GPU) or do you prefer them to be socketed?

How heavy is too heavy? What is your preferred laptop size? 15.6" or 17.3"?

-My buget goes up to something like 1750, but if its reealy worth it, 2000 US is ok

-It count shipping and maybe a laptop cooler also, I will be in texas by february and can buy in a stores or on the internet(amazon, etc)

-I can really consider. I'm just woried about tech support, in my country it is only good for big ones like HP, Dell...

-No DVD drive its not the end of the world

-Socketed means the GPU is integraded right? As I said, I dont care soo much for grafics, HD with no lags is fine.

-I have a macbook pro 13'' and the screen size works just fine for me but if sts bigger no problem, its also not that heavy. I usualy use my laptop by the bed or sofa, not so much on the road, so it can be a little heavier I guess

-My buget goes up to something like 1750, but if its reealy worth it, 2000 US is ok

-It count shipping and maybe a laptop cooler also, I will be in texas by february and can buy in a stores or on the internet(amazon, etc)

-I can really consider. I'm just woried about tech support, in my country it is only good for big ones like HP, Dell...

-No DVD drive its not the end of the world

-Socketed means the GPU is integraded right? As I said, I dont care soo much for grafics, HD with no lags is fine.

-I have a macbook pro 13'' and the screen size works just fine for me but if sts bigger no problem, its also not that heavy. I usualy use my laptop by the bed or sofa, not so much on the road, so it can be a little heavier I guess

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8652-clevo-p650sg-p-7795.html?wconfigure=yes

Make sure to select "IC Diamond thermal compound CPU + GPU".

You can add a SSD and/or add warranty or whatever if you want, but warranty would require shipping the machine to the US.

Don't use a gaming notebook on a bed without a cooler, please.

Don't try to game heavily on battery, please.

Socketed means you can lift the CPU and/or GPU out (like THIS). Integrated means they're soldered to the mobo. My word, instagram is useful.

Good luck! I suggested a 15" for you. Should be just fine and have no cooling issues, really. My country is hot too, don't worry. 

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8652-clevo-p650sg-p-7795.html?wconfigure=yes

Make sure to select "IC Diamond thermal compound CPU + GPU".

You can add a SSD and/or add warranty or whatever if you want, but warranty would require shipping the machine to the US.

Don't use a gaming notebook on a bed without a cooler, please.

Don't try to game heavily on battery, please.

Socketed means you can lift the CPU and/or GPU out (like THIS). Integrated means they're soldered to the mobo. My word, instagram is useful.

Good luck! I suggested a 15" for you. Should be just fine and have no cooling issues, really. My country is hot too, don't worry. 

I´ve checked this kind of website, clevo ava direct, ibuypower and xotic also. Since its customize, it fits my needs perfectly and with a good price, I realy like that you recomend it to me because i didnt know how trusty it was. I just have a question.When chossing the memory in this sites (if I go for 512 GB SSD) does it make any diference if I select it as prymary HD, second HD or mSATA slot?

And again, thank you very much for your help!

I´ve checked this kind of website, clevo ava direct, ibuypower and xotic also. Since its customize, it fits my needs perfectly and with a good price, I realy like that you recomend it to me because i didnt know how trusty it was. I just have a question.When chossing the memory in this sites (if I go for 512 GB SSD) does it make any diference if I select it as prymary HD, second HD or mSATA slot?

And again, thank you very much for your help!

the slot is what it's using. Anything in the HDD slots use 2.5" drives, and anything in the mSATA slot use mSATA or M.2 drives (M.2 in that laptop's case). So feel free to choose the slot you want it to be in. It's easier to find 2.5" drives if you want to upgrade later, in my experience.

Also, as you can see in my signature, I have a Clevo myself. The picture I linked was me taking apart an older Clevo xD. They are very fine and reputable, don't worry.