AMD Says GPUs and CPUs Are Its Top Priority. Wants APUs to Talk to GPUs

MattDaemontools

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the future. As in with the new Zen core by the legendary Jim Keller.

hype it up, like bulldozer.  :lol: ................... :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I am speaking for the desktop variant as well that will more than likely come in costing a lot more than Haswell. The i7-5770k is slated with GT3e and 128MB of eDRAM. Top that with a 3-4x more expensive manufacturing process per transistor then you're not looking at a $320 microprocessor. If Intel can retain the same pricing then it only shows how much price gouging they have been doing over the years.

64MB of eDRAM. The desktop variants will only get a half portion of crystalwell, and I don't think the price will be different at all. By the time the desktop variants roll out price per transistor for 14nm will be much lower than it is now. Intel has a penchant for making that sort of thing happen.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Right now there's a niche I wish AMD would fill, seeing that Intel can't be bothered. I wish that AMD would take the extra transistors from an 8-Core, put it into beefier single-cores on a 6-core. Also if Dual Graphics could be used on all AMD graphics cards, it would help AMD's Graphics performance margin increase even more compared to Nvidia. If this could be done for under $200 it would help out low to mid range builds a lot.

Then Intel would have the leverage to get Nvidia to collaborate on the iGPU so it could augment Nvidia's cards. This in fact should be done through DIrect X and OpenGL.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

As always, they go around saying "higher power draw, bla bla bla bla" always looking at the bad side of amd. Given that there are still some good things amd has done. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

As always, they go around saying "higher power draw, bla bla bla bla" always looking at the bad side of amd. Given that there are still some good things amd has done. 

I personally don't see many negatives with AMD products. Their GPU architecture is one of the most efficient on the market. While their CPU architecture became just as impressive.

CPUs and GPUs are it's top priority? It's a good thing it's wasting time on AMD-branded SSDs and RAM.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

CPUs and GPUs are it's top priority? It's a good thing it's wasting time on AMD-branded SSDs and RAM.

They just stuck their branding on someone elses product. =/ 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I personally don't see many negatives with AMD products. Their GPU architecture is one of the most efficient on the market. While their CPU architecture became just as impressive.

Try skimming on some AMD Thread, you'll see the hate. Haha

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I don't think that they realize that no one care about the APU market to buy and upgrade every generation. Yes, I know that people buy them but until I see use over an Athlon with a fast discrete GPU then they're dead to me. Also the FX line is never getting updated no matter what they say it's just bs. "in 2016 we're releasing a new FX line" but when you read into the fine print its really just"We're releasing new APUs on par with the old FX line now with nipple twisters!". I know its very cynical, sad, and depressing its just true. Yes, this is coming from a guy who has an Athlon and an APU >.>

Have a bad day...

Try skimming on some AMD Thread, you'll see the hate. Haha

Yeah, too many biased opinions that spreads like confusion at the special olympics.