New Build

Hello there !

I am getting this new pc in a couple of days. And i want to know what you guys think of it. If you have any questions just ask :)

Note: I am upgrading to a gtx 970 in a couple of months, and the CPU is going to be upgraded as well. 

Case: Coolermaster HAF 912

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Power Supply: CoolerMaster B500 500W. 2x 6+2 PCIe

CPU: AMD FX-6300 6-core Black Edition

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 Mhz (Going to be upgraded)

SSD: Intel 530 Series 120GB

Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB 

go with a locked i5 and z97 pc mate or other base-grade z97 board for now, then when the time comes you only need to upgrade cpu and gpu :P or at least thats what i would do.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

its a good build for the mean time until you upgrade :)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If it's only going to be in a couple of months, why waste your money on a 280 now when you can spend it in the future?

Compatible with Windows 95

get an unclocked i5, with a gtx 970. That`s best.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

If it's only going to be in a couple of months, why waste your money on a 280 now when you can spend it in the future?

I have already bought the system, with the money i had for now. Then later when i have more money i will go out and make the necessary changes.

get an unclocked i5, with a gtx 970. That`s best.

I have been thinking a lot about the i5, but i dont know if my motherboard supports it.

I have been thinking a lot about the i5, but i dont know if my motherboard supports it.

Nope, you need a z97 mobo. Technically a zz87 mobo could work.But in my experiences it's not that good.  

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

Overclock the crap out of that AMD FX 6300.  That is the first thing.  Get an aftermarket HSF to do it though.  Now in regards to the case you picked well I have that and it has no front USB 3.0 so if that mattered to you then oops.  In regards to the psu you bought a bad one. More info. here ... http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4642/13/three-500-watt-psus-tested-antec-vp550f-cooler-master-b500-and-nexus-nx-5000-v1-conclusion.  I would have went with SeaSonic, Antec, or Corsair.  In regards to the mobo it is Asus so that is good and this review here http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASUS-M5A97-R20-Motherboard/1772/9 says it has some nice overclocking features and it definitely has enough sata and USB 3.0 ports for the average user.  As for the rest of the build eh I care not to comment.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S