processor choice!

so i brought a new computer. i had a option between the fx 6300 and the intel i5 4440 non K and i chose the fx 6300... did i make the right decision cus everyone's saying i should of went with intel  

Since no one seems to have brought it up yet (even though you can see it for yourself) be aware of amd vs intel fights like this when you bring up X amd processor or Y intel processor.

Or even some times in budget builds it may appear.

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

What he doesn't seem to understand that all Haswell E CPUs are in another performance dimension compared to any FX CPU for any kind of being productive and there's no 5960X needed. And I'm not sure if he understands that i7 doesn't mean it has to be an X99 compatible CPU. 

An i7 4790K on a Z97 mainboard is a really powerful CPU and no FX CPU is a match for it.

But the OP has made his move anyhow before he was posting and therefore this will only help him for the next time in a while when he is going to build another rig.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

... face plam

I own both a i5 and fx8320 and I still feel the fx is a good option for a budget rig. That is why is is a popular choice for budget rigs.

no, it's a popular choice because people are clueless and they think it's good obviously more cores more GHZ= better..here CPU from 2008 at lower clock speed wrecks the FX@4.7ghz in per core performance...how do you explain that?!

uDDJvQB.png

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/285199-harrynowls-ultimate-cpu-showdown-wip/

I suggest you read through these graphs if you need more...

BTW i know you don't own an i5...how do i know this? well if you would own one you would no longer think the AMD FX is a ''good budget option'' cause it's not...at least not in regards to gaming.

Since no one seems to have brought it up yet (even though you can see it for yourself) be aware of amd vs intel fights like this when you bring up X amd processor or Y intel processor.

Or even some times in budget builds it may appear.

of course it does, at ANY price range intel is offering a better performing CPU for gaming that won't consume even half the power of an AMD FX and outperform it without even requiring an overclock or an expensive motherboard and CPU cooler...what more could you ask...this is getting rediculous i can't wait for AMD to get their shit straight and finaly pull the plug on these old innefient underperforming power hungry dinosaurs of a CPU from the market.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It depends on your budget, but their are alot of intel fanboys. I think they you made a good choice because the fx cpus all use the same socket so if you want to upgrade to the flagship cpu later you can.

EDIT: ^^^^ hes got the right idea

LOL the 8350 is the same performance for games. With Intel you get more powerful options.

here CPU from 2008 at lower clock speed wrecks the FX@4.7ghz in per core performance...how do you explain that?!

I was paid $5,000,000 by Intel to rig benchmarks in favour of their Yorkfield CPUs ;)

I was paid $5,000,000 by Intel to rig benchmarks in favour of their Yorkfield CPUs ;)

haha yeah sure...LTT comunity submited cinebench spread sheet results was done with real submission from users and the results are directly in line with yours.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

haha yeah sure...LTT comunity submited cinebench spread sheet results was done with real submission from users and the results are directly in line with yours.

no they're all paid off intel fanboys!!!

So we're all paid by intel then? where's my stipen?!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

so i brought a new computer. i had a option between the fx 6300 and the intel i5 4440 non K and i chose the fx 6300... did i make the right decision cus everyone's saying i should of went with intel  

Short answer: From a price / performance sight, you did nothing wrong!  Yes, generally it is slower than an i5 but since you don't run a system right beside it you won't notice the differences.

I guess that it will get you about 10 frames less with a GTX780 compared with an i5 4440 --> You won't notice anything.

I suggest that you stick with it for a while until either GPUs improve that your CPU is a real bottleneck, New standards arise which you need (e.g. PCIE 4.0, USB 3.1 et cetera) or that your use case changes (Rendering, Video/Photo Editing et cetera)

Enjoy your new AMD build!

no, it's a popular choice because people are clueless and they think it's good obviously more cores more GHZ= better..here CPU from 2008 at lower clock speed wrecks the FX@4.7ghz in per core performance...how do you explain that?!

uDDJvQB.png

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/285199-harrynowls-ultimate-cpu-showdown-wip/

I suggest you read through these graphs if you need more...

BTW i know you don't own an i5...how do i know this? well if you would own one you would no longer think the AMD FX is a ''good budget option'' cause it's not...at least not in regards to gaming.

of course it does, at ANY price range intel is offering a better performing CPU for gaming that won't consume even half the power of an AMD FX and outperform it without even requiring an overclock or an expensive motherboard and CPU cooler...what more could you ask...this is getting rediculous i can't wait for AMD to get their shit straight and finaly pull the plug on these old innefient underperforming power hungry dinosaurs of a CPU from the market.

i own one and also cinebentch is rigged go just go look it up

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

i own one and also cinebentch is rigged go just go look it up

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?196616-Via-Nano-Ars-technica-finds-interesting-anomaly-in-PCMark05-code-favors-intel-chips

2008 mate, so it'd not affect the revisions I used.

anyway if you want another single core test:

IR0LeJy.png

losing to a lightly overclocked $70 dual core (which is 1.7GHz slower) from 2007... RIP